Menu
nairratishr
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

IPhone and iPad not able to watch any recorded program's

Hello

I am not able to watch any recorded program's on iPad and iPhone. As soon as I click the program's it gives we watch now option but no option for iPad and iPhone. Conan understand for live streaming it might not work but why for recorded program's.  is there anything other than registering devices i am missing ?

0 Kudos
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPhone and iPad not able to watch any recorded program's

Hi,

The answer to your query can be found in the TiVo FAQ's here

Thanks

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
---------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media but I browse and post on the forums during my spare time.

0 Kudos
Rentonel
Joining in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

It's not really TV anywhere if you can't actually watch your recorded TV anywhere, is it?

farraraw
Joining in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Agree with last post, a fundamental omission is the ability to watch your programs and on demand TV on an Ipad or other device - i could  do this with sky. Surely this would help virgin's sales and retentions as true value add for its customers.

0 Kudos
gondalio
Tuning in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

always look to the future :-p
0 Kudos
Amithras
Tuning in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

so the FAQ, dated Nov 2012, states that streaming your recordings to mobile devices is being looked into. In the US, a Tivo has this capability 'out of the box' and it is 2 years later. Are we likely to see this anytime soon?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Amithras wrote:
so the FAQ, dated Nov 2012, states that streaming your recordings to mobile devices is being looked into. In the US, a Tivo has this capability 'out of the box' and it is 2 years later. Are we likely to see this anytime soon?

At a hardware level? I doubt it. Main reason is that Virgin Media's TiVo service is based on the TiVo Premiere which requires an add-on box (TiVo Stream) to get recordings to the TiVo app. Considering there are over two million existing TiVo boxes installed, that's a lot of extra kit required. 

However, Virgin Media have been involved with trials of TiVo's network PVR product https://www.cable.co.uk/news/virgin-media-involved-in-tivo-network-dvr-trial-801680856/ where recordings are stored at VM's end rather than on a hard drive in your STB. This could then open up how recordings were accessed, however if / when they might come isn't anything that has been discussed.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Amithras, 

Thanks for your post. 

I'm afraid due to copyright restrictions in the UK we are unable to stream recordings to other devices other than the one it's recorded on. 

There's been no mention of this changing but if in the unlikely event it does change, we shall let you know Smiley Happy

For all things TV Anywhere, check this link out: http://virg.in/E1esJ

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Stevek1
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

If I cannot stream my recordings on to iPad from my TiVo box, I believe that I have been misled on the Virgin TV

Kath_F wrote:

Hi Amithras, 

Thanks for your post. 

I'm afraid due to copyright restrictions in the UK we are unable to stream recordings to other devices other than the one it's recorded on. 

There's been no mention of this changing but if in the unlikely event it does change, we shall let you know Smiley Happy

For all things TV Anywhere, check this link out: http://virg.in/E1esJ

Thanks, 

anywhere advertising, please can you modify it,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stevek1, 

Thanks for your post. 

Can you please direct me to where you believe you have been misled so we can get this reviewed. 

From what I can see, no where has it been mentioned that you can watch your recordings via the app and we have been very open in making sure customers are aware of this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos