Menu
dweben
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

IE11 flash crashing

I'm running Windows 7 and IE11. While I can load the player and it runs, every so often (maybe 10 mins on average) the flash side of things just stops and the viewer vanishes. I have to reload the site to get it back which just gets irritating after a couple times.

Any ideas?

Be nice if VM could get it working on Chrome again. BBC/Sky/Eurosport/etc all work on there.

Oh, and there's too many clicks involved in getting the player turned on! Should be login > (faves at top) > click channel, done. Not login > click faves > click channel > click watch

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: IE11 flash crashing

H dweben, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are currently having getting TV Anywhere to work. 

The reason Chrome is not supported is because Google have blocked the use of third party add ons. As Flash is an add on, it won't work. 

We'll need to concentrate on getting this working with Internet Explorer or Firefox Smiley Happy

The first thing I would check is that you are running the latest version of Adobe. You can do this by un installing and then re installing. 

Once this is done, delete the cache and cookies from your browser and try again. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dweben
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I installed flash just to get this working... so I know that's good and all history/etc was dumped 'cos I don't use IE for anything except this.

Are there any plans to move the viewer to a better platform? Something like the quality the BBC have? You can do so much more with it... resize the screen, 2hr buffer, less clicks to play things, no freezing, any browser, etc etc.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi dweben, 

Currently there are no plans to change the way that TV Anywhere works. 

If and when this does happen, we will certainly let you know Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos