Menu
kelsomcvey
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I was setting up Virgin anywhere on my PC but used a Chrome browser. Now i cant use firefox to watch

I wanted to set up Virgin anywhere on the PC and was used Chrome browser for this. I registered the device and then tried to watch something. I then realised you have to use firefox as this is compatible to watch the live TV content.

I downloaded firefox, logged in to Virgin anywhere and was then given a message to say the device is not registered.

I am assuming that as its a different browser being used to access content your system thinks it is a new device but this is not the case. 

Surely there is something that can be done about this as your system should be able to see that the same device is being used.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I was setting up Virgin anywhere on my PC but used a Chrome browser. Now i cant use firefox to watch

kelsomcvey wrote:

Also cannot do any more device changes until the 01/09/15!

Call in and report a TV fault / wait for a Forum Team member to pick up on your topic / use the Contact Us page tomorrow between 9AM to 5PM: http://contact.virginmedia.com/ (use the TV option) Any of those routes will get you contact with someone from VM who can activate one additional device change for you for this month.

Content protection is something VM have to take very seriously and extensively (due to demands on them by the provider of the content.) The dedicated TV Anywhere app for Android/IOS for example hooks into the device in all kinds of ways. Allowing it to do things like control screen/audio output and thwart people trying to forward the signal onto a bigger screen. When it comes to media plugin (Flash) and a web browser, which in itself doesn't hook into the system that way/that extent. They can't do the things they want to protect the content. So they limit it in ways they can in that respect.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
kelsomcvey
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I was setting up Virgin anywhere on my PC but used a Chrome browser. Now i cant use firefox to watch

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

kelsomcvey wrote:

Call in and report a TV fault / wait for a Forum Team member to pick up on your topic / use the Contact Us page tomorrow between 9AM to 5PM: http://contact.virginmedia.com/ (use the TV option) Any of those routes will get you contact with someone from VM who can activate one additional device change for you for this month.

Content protection is something VM have to take very seriously and extensively (due to demands on them by the provider of the content.) The dedicated TV Anywhere app for Android/IOS for example hooks into the device in all kinds of ways. Allowing it to do things like control screen/audio output and thwart people trying to forward the signal onto a bigger screen. When it comes to media plugin (Flash) and a web browser, which in itself doesn't hook into the system that way/that extent. They can't do the things they want to protect the content. So they limit it in ways they can in that respect.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I was setting up Virgin anywhere on my PC but used a Chrome browser. Now i cant use firefox t...

Hi kelsomcvey

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that your having issues with registering your PC.

I would like to get this resolved for you, however I was unable to locate your account. I've sent you a PM (red envelope icon, left corner) with some details for you to confirm. Once you have replied I can assist further.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide