Menu
Michali
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I want TV Anywhere back!

I used to be able to open TV Anyhere  and watch the channels with a wifi icon next to them on my iPad. Simple! Now I open the new Virgin TV Control app, it looks exactly the same as the Virgin TV Anywhere but no WiFi icon and only able to watch on TV! The whole point for me was to watch something different from what my husband was watching on the TV! 

So I go to Virgin TV Go and there is a list of live programmes but no channel numbers to identify them. What is the purpose of this new system? I don’t get it! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: I want TV Anywhere back!

I agree the lack of channel numbers in the TV Go app is a backward step.  You have to go by the Channel logos to identify the one you want.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin TV Go is the app you can use to watch live TV and On Demand on your mobile device. But it only carries those channels that can be streamed.

Although there aren't any channel numbers, the channels are shown in the same order as on your Virgin TV box, but they miss out the ones that can't be watched through TV Go or a related app.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Simonbrown62
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I thought that initially, but once you “play” with TV Go it has its benefits. For instance, you can now order the channels so that they appear in the order you want.

Select Settings (wheel icon in bottom right corner), then select “Sort Channels”, then scroll down to the station you watch most frequently, select and hold the 3 horizontal lines button next to the channel selected, and whilst still holding the button, drag it to the top of the screen.

Voila, you can now order the channels to suit yourself, and no need for the channel numbers.

I hope this helps, it certainly works for me!?

Simon.

p.s. Remember there is a known issue with missing channels and streaming on the app at present. See the post from Virgin Media that refers to this.

Michali
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! I guess I will get used to it! I am old and don’t like change! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:
Virgin TV Go is the app you can use to watch live TV and On Demand on your mobile device. But it only carries those channels that can be streamed.

Although there aren't any channel numbers, the channels are shown in the same order as on your Virgin TV box, but they miss out the ones that can't be watched through TV Go or a related app.

On the android app on my phone the channels are not in the same order as the Virgin TV box, for example Gold, W, alibi and several others appear after the sports channels.

Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Graham_A wrote:

On the android app on my phone the channels are not in the same order as the Virgin TV box, for example Gold, W, alibi and several others appear after the sports channels.

I've got my Android phone set to Channel Order and Gold, W, alibi appear where I'd expect i.e. right after Sky Arts.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:

Graham_A wrote:

I've got my Android phone set to Channel Order and Gold, W, alibi appear where I'd expect i.e. right after Sky Arts.

A reset under settings seems to have corrected this for me now.

severnbore
Superfast
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It's certainly a pain not having the numbers.  But I kept everything to the left which is the your selected list and then dragged them up and down to make the list alphabetical, with a few variations.  Looks almost like the old list now.  Now we are not bogged down will the full list of t.v. programmes, that GO \ ANYWHERE couldn't access.  Now it's just a question of which ones you want on your own list.

Generally speaking all was working well, up until about an hour ago, then it all started to fail - but I see the MOD has issued a post.

0 Kudos
BazzaD1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

“Virgin TV Go is the app you can use to watch live TV and On Demand on your mobile device. But it only carries those channels that can be streamed.”

Are you sure about that ?
0 Kudos