Menu
Download721
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've watched Sky Sports on my ipad before, but now it won't open the live stream.

When I tried watching a live football match, I got the message 'Access to live channels within the App is for customers witha  Sky Sports TV Subscription only. To access live streaming, please upgrade or purchase a monthly subscription via iTunes'. I tried a specific channel, and got the message ' Not subscribed. To watch this channel you need to upgrade your subscription. Please contact your provider'.

I have not made any change to the package I subscribe to (Big Kahuna) recently.

I tried removing and re-instating my device. The removal went ok, but I haven't been able to reinstate it. 

Please advise how I can get the live sports working again.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've watched Sky Sports on my ipad before, but now it won't open the live stream.

You need to use the Sky Sports app to watch Sky Sports, and you need to log in via the VM logo.

0 Kudos
Download721
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I've watched Sky Sports on my ipad before, but now it won't open the live stream.

I am using the Sky Sports app, and I have been through the process for it to work seamlessly up until now. The problem described in my post remains however.
0 Kudos
Download721
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Maybe I should rephrase my query, sorry for any confusion: When I opened the Sky Sports app on my ipad , I got the message 'Access to live channels within the App is for customers with a Sky Sports TV Subscription only. To access live streaming, please upgrade or purchase a monthly subscription via iTunes'. I clicked "OK', then clicked on the three bars at the top LH of the screen, then on '+ Watch'. When I clicked on 'Sky Sports 1' , I got the message ' Not subscribed. To watch this channel you need to upgrade your subscription. Please contact your provider'. I have previously been able to watch Sky Sports on the ipad via the Sky Sports app without any trouble, and I have not not made any change to the package I subscribe to (Big Kahuna) recently. I tried removing and re-instating my device. The removal went ok, but I haven't been able to reinstate it. I would be very grateful for any advice as to how I can get the live sports working again.
0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Found this :

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=134849&CURRENT...

Tap the Virgin Media logo below the Sky sign in. If you enter your details in the Sky sign in prompt, you’ll get an error as this login is for Sky customers only.

You would need  to have sky sports on your VM account which I dont think you can do thru Itunes.

Hope it helps 

Smiley Happy

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
0 Kudos
Download721
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a lot for the advice, it's working now. The key was to sign out of Sky Sports, then sign back in. This seemed to get round the problem and access to the live the Sky Sports channels seem to be OK.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Download721,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you were having an issue logging in to the Sky Sports app. 

I'm  glad to hear things are resolved and apologies we weren't able to jump in before but it's great to see the Community getting involved and helping.

If you have any further issues then please come back and let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos