Menu
Benicat
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have tv anywhere- but I can't watch it anywhere when I'm out and about! Why can't i?

Hi I have tv anywhere and can't watch it anywhere except at home, regardless of whether its my macbook or my iPad - what's wrong? Thanks

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have tv anywhere- but I can't watch it anywhere when I'm out and about! Why can't i?

It only works through wifi so you can connect to another wifi connection say a friends or a hotspot like at McDonalds even but yes it is only designed to work through wifi connections.

Virgin know it is a big issue as there must be now hundreds of threads about this on here and they say thanks for the suggestion we will feed back to our team etc.
0 Kudos
Benicat
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have tv anywhere- but I can't watch it anywhere when I'm out and about! Why can't i?

Hi and thanks for replying- we used to have Sky and Virgin and I could access Sky go even when my ex n I parted ways on good terms- but I'm afraid virgin anywhere only from home is not fulfilling the name of the service. I've contacted Virgin and await the response. Otherwise I'm afraid it breaches the contract offered as I do fulfil the requirements so it'll be off to the ombudsman which is a shame- but needs must! Will let you thw outcome.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Benicat wrote:

Hi and thanks for replying- we used to have Sky and Virgin and I could access Sky go even when my ex n I parted ways on good terms- but I'm afraid virgin anywhere only from home is not fulfilling the name of the service. I've contacted Virgin and await the response. Otherwise I'm afraid it breaches the contract offered as I do fulfil the requirements so it'll be off to the ombudsman which is a shame- but needs must! Will let you thw outcome.

It's not only from home, it's anywhere with Wi-Fi.

0 Kudos
Benicat
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that was my understanding but it only allows me to connect at home- not even through my sim on the iPad nor at my sister's or at work- it's supposed to be tv anywhere, not tv anywhere in my house, which at the moment, is the case....

Tavis75 wrote:

Benicat wrote:

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Benicat wrote:

Yes, that was my understanding but it only allows me to connect at home- not even through my sim on the iPad nor at my sister's or at work- it's supposed to be tv anywhere, not tv anywhere in my house, which at the moment, is the case....

Tavis75 wrote:

Benicat wrote:

Yes, it won't work through a SIM and isn't meant to. At your sisters and at work are you connected to Wi-Fi or trying to connect through your mobile network?

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM don't like to mention it, but the simple fact is that a lot of public Wi-Fi either specifically blocks bandwidth-heavy traffic (ie video streaming) or doesn't give you enough bandwidth to make streaming viable.
0 Kudos