Menu
cjh01
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have a oneplus one will it get Anywhere TV support soon?

I have a oneplus one will it get Anywhere TV support soon? International model with 4.4 cyanogenmod 11

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have a oneplus one will it get Anywhere TV support soon?

Hi cjh01, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I've been lucky enough to have quite a few days off over the Christmas and New Year period. I hope yours was enjoyable! Smiley Very Happy

I can see that your device make has been enabled for TV Anywhere however the only model enabled currently is  A0001

I will pop an email over to the product team to see if we can also get your model number added. Keep an eye here: http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/on-the-go/tv-anywhere.html to see if the model gets added. 

Thanks, 
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
vaudeville
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My device is a OnPlus One A0001, but TV Anywhere does not work on it. Any plans as to when the problem will be fixed?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

vaudeville wrote:
My device is a OnPlus One A0001, but TV Anywhere does not work on it. Any plans as to when the problem will be fixed?

Ive posted a reply (that you probably wont like, don't shoot the messenger) in the FIRST thread you asked the question in.

0 Kudos
vaudeville
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

As Kath said above:

"I can see that your device make has been enabled for TV Anywhere however the only model enabled currently is  A0001"

As I said, A0001 is my model. Any idea why the app does not work on my device?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi vaudeville

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Sorry to hear that the TV Anywhere app doesn't work on you Oneplus One device.

The Oneplus One device uses Cyanogen operating system and this is unsupported as it uses a rooted version of Android. For it to work on this we would have to allow TV Anywhere to work through rooted devices, which unfortunately it's something we are unable to do.

TV Anywhere can still be accessible through a supported device via a PC/laptop.

Sorry for the inconvenience
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ImTheRealChris
Just joined
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It's a shame Virgin Media are taking this stance. Although OnePlus have now developed OxygenOS as an alternative to CyanogenMod, CyanogenMod is the base OS on the OnePlus for many users as is not an "unofficial" OS for users of these devices.

Other application manufacturers (Barclays with their mobile banking app, Three with their InTouch app) appear to have got over the perceived issue and understand the phone is not "rooted" if it's running the branded version of CyanogenMod that comes with the OnePlus - why Virgin won't take a similar stance is beyond me.

Are you specifically aware of modifications in the OS that will allow the capture of video content from your app (I'm assume that's what you're afraid of and the reason you are blocking it) or is it just a perceived fear that is actually unsubstantiated?

0 Kudos
Ianpee
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone know if OnePlus models running OxygenOS works with TV Anywhere?

Would like to know as considering a  OnePlus X as my next phone.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ianpee, 

Currently the One Plus devices don't work with TV Anywhere. If you are looking at buying a device that runs with TV Anywhere then my advice would be to stay away from those devices. 

If on the other hand it doesn't bother you whether TV Anywhere works with it then of course consider it by all means Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ianpee
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

Thanks for your quick reply

I think it is more accurate to say that TV Anywhere doesn't work with One Plus and not the other way round.

It seems that TV Anywhere that has been purposely coded not to work with it despite that fact that it is virtually plain vanilla Android Lollipop 5.1

Are you able to contact the software team to get a proper explanation for this (remembering that this phone isn't rooted,  doesn't run Cyanogen and is closer to stock Android that a typical Samsung or similar device).

It would be interesting to know what they think will happen if they don't block this manufacturer?

PS - Does anyone know if it works with SkyGo?

0 Kudos