Menu
PAS61
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have 1 device registered but I cannot add another device why.

I keep getting "sorry you don't have any available changes to register this device" but I have a spare slot.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have 1 device registered but I cannot add another device why.

Hi PAS61,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue registering your second device. 

The first time you use TV Anywhere you are given 3 changes. 2 to register your devices and 1 extra incase you wish to change the device. 

Thereafter you get 1 device change per month to swap a device over. Your changes are reset automatically on the first of each month.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
aomega001
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi PAS61,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue registering your second device. 

The first time you use TV Anywhere you are given 3 changes. 2 to register your devices and 1 extra incase you wish to change the device. 

Thereafter you get 1 device change per month to swap a device over. Your changes are reset automatically on the first of each month.

Thanks, 

I removed my laptop and added my old phone at the begining of the month.  I then upgraded my phone and received it yesterday so i then tried to add it and got the same message as the above OP.  I was also unaware of the change restrictions.

Please can you explain to me why the restrictions are in place seeing as we only have two slots how hard is it just to swap one?

I assume it recognises the MAC address of the new device, so it's not exactly labour intensive to remove one and assign another within minutes is it?

Having these petty restricitons in place doesn't prove anything appart from how Virgin do not seem to be intouch with their customers.

Most households now have 1 or more PC's, 1 or more Tablets, a laptop and mobile phones capable of streaming media.

If I already had two of those devices registered and I changed to another at the begining of the month then decided on my way home that I would like to watch on 4G with my mobile I would have to wait a month to swap out a device.

So I now have to wait until the begining of next month to watch the service I am paying for on my phone, not good really is it and just for your info with sky go two devices can be registered without restrictions.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi aomega001

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues registering your new phone on TV Anywhere.

When I checked over your account, there were no devices registered at the moment with a device change available. Are you now able to register your new phone on TV Anywhere?

With TV Anywhere we will only allow 2 devices to be used for TV Anywhere and once these slots have been taken there is only room for one more device change until the next calendar month to gain an extra slot.

Let me know if your new phone will now register

Thanks

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
aomega001
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I cannot add anything to my account, as you say I have two empty slots but still get the message that I have no changes remaining.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi aomega001

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Are you signed in on the TV Anywhere app with the primary email account? Also what phone (make/model) are you trying to register? Is it under the compatible list?

As you have 2 slots available are you able to try another device to see if that works?

I would love to know why this isn't working. Let me know once you checked that for me, I appreciate it.

Thanks

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos