Menu
Leeeees69
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I can't use my Tv anywhere app out of the range of my Wifi.? Is it supposed to be like that.?

I work away, and thought this app would allow me to watch virgin to, but it doesn't connect.?? Any ideas why it doesn't.?? 

Error or messages says somthing like, " not connect to home wifi "???

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't use my Tv anywhere app out of the range of my Wifi.? Is it supposed to be like that.?

Hi Leeeees69,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely to have a new face on board with us Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear you're getting this error message. What are you trying to do when this error message pops up?

You're able to stream any of the streaming channels as long as you are connected to a wifi network. If trying to stream on 3G / 4G, it won't work. 

It sounds as though you may be trying to perform an action that's not yet a feature, perhaps watch a non streamable channel or trying to watch a recording?

Try streaming channel 4 and let me know what happens Smiley Happy

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Leeeees69
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't use my Tv anywhere app out of the range of my Wifi.? Is it supposed to be like that.?

Im at home at the moment. So i can access OK. Its when im in another city that i cant access any channel. The icons in top right hand corner have exclamation marks over them.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leeeees69,

Thanks for coming back to us. Could you answer a few more questions:-

Is this a UK based city?

Are you still using Wi-Fi when in this city?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
Leeeees69
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've recently been in Aberdeen and the Shetlands, and yes I'm using wifi.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leeeees69,

Thanks for popping back and answering Rich's questions. 

The exclamation marks will be present unless you are connected to the same network as your TiVo® box. When you are away from home, it's impossible to be.

When connected to a network other than your home wifi, try streaming channel 4 and let me know what happens. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Mgstu
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

i have read a couple of respouses to this issue but have not seen a solution which I find incredilble.

i have had the TVA app for a number of years now and it has worked fine at home (the same WiFi as my V6 box) and while travelling in the UK using a hotels WiFi.  However, I have not been able to use it for he last few months while away from home as I get the same message mentioned in the previous posts - related to not being connected to my home network.

Clearly something has changed in one of the app updates that has caused this issue.

Can anyone help me enable use of TVAnywhere while I am away from home?

i know I can only watch certain channels as I was a regular user, I just don't know if I have it correctly setup!

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mgstu,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with this too.

I've tried synchronizing your subscriptions to clear this error. Could you try connecting away from your home WiFi to see if you get the same error?

Speak soon

Josh 

0 Kudos