Menu
Harry62
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I can't open sky sports app as a virgin customer

When I fill in my details the screen just stops still and nothing happens. Have a Samsung S6 so should be fine
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: I can't open sky sports app as a virgin customer

Hi harry62,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you with us in the Community. 

Apologies that you are having an issue trying to use your Samsung with Sky Sports. 

Have you successfully used this app previously or is this the first time you are using it?

Do you have the text set by default or are you using an enlarged text?

As nothing is happening, no error message or anything it makes it harder for us to diagnose the issue. 

Make sure you are selecting the Virgin Media logo before trying to sign in.

Also are you able to sign in and successfully use the Sky Sports website on a PC or Laptop?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Harry62
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am new to virgin so this is the first time I have tried to use it. I was previously with Skype and did wonder if that was the problem?? I have removed and reinstalled the app 3 times now. The same is happening on my Samsung tablet also.
0 Kudos
Harry62
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My previous message was meant to say sky not Skype. I have tried many times to open the app. Surely when this has happened before to so many people there must be a consistent remedy that has been identified??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Harry62, 

I've personally not come across this sort of issue before. Usually if Sky Sports doesn't allow you to sign in, it will give an error message for us to work off. 

Are you popping your details into the Username and Password box that first pops up or selecting the VM logo?

Did you try via the PC to see if you got the same issue?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Harry62
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I do click on the Virgin icon and I have changed my password to make sure it is correct. I have tried to log on to my Samsung tablet and exactly the same happens on there. I don't have a laptop to try.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Harry62, 

Thanks again for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

OK, the only other thing I can thing of is that you are using a secondary account to log in with. Only the Primary user ID will be accepted by Sky. 

When logging into My Virgin Media using the ID, are you able to view all the billing details? If not this will mean you are using a secondary account and will need to use the main account instead. 

Let me know.

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Harry62
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, you might be able to check your end. I have been helping my mother with her virgin account so I have had an email address for her account. I have used a different email address for my own account. The email address I have been using to log on to sky ****************@googlemail.com as this is the correct one.

[MOD EDIT: Personal info removed Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Harry62,

Thanks for coming back again Smiley Happy

Checking the account, that is the correct address to use so I really don't know why this is happening Smiley Sad

I can see you have Sky Movies as well as Sports. Can you try downloading the Movies app to see if you get the same login error?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Harry62
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Really frustrating!!! Downloaded the sky movies app and exactly the same happens. Very disappointed with this.
0 Kudos