Menu
Diverdave
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I can't login to the tv anywhere app on my Galaxy Note 4

When I try to login with my Galaxy Note 4 it says invalid login details, though I could login fine with my old S3, My Ipad is ok, any one else having problems accessing the app with a Note 4 ?

Dave.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I can't login to the tv anywhere app on my Galaxy Note 4

Hi Dave

It is so nice to hear you mention that the Samsung Note 4 is now working. I am so happy that you got it working. 

In regards to the iPad, when I checked your account you do have one available change left to use. So hopefully you can now re-register the iPad and get that working as well.

If you need us for anything else you know where to find us.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that you are unable to log into TV Anywhere on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

Are you signing in with the primary log in details? You can try to un-install the app then re-install to see if that works. When I checked your account it is not showing that the Samsung device has been registered.

If you go to your account, on the right under My Profile click on Device Settings. In here you will be able to register the device.

Try this and let me know how it goes

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Diverdave
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply, I went into my account and then to device settings as you suggested but there was nothing to click on to register another device, just FAQ's.

Regards,

Dave.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Thanks for getting back in touch.

The FAQ's are at the right of My Profile. When I checked your account I can see that you have 1 other device that is already registered. I tried this my side from a test account, when I click on Device Settings it will give me a page of Device Registration, the activity then my devices. At the side of this it gives me options of register or to delete the other device.

If your still getting the same message are you able to give a print screen so we can see why it is not working for you

Sam

0 Kudos
Diverdave
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

I am almost at the point where I am going to give up on tv anywhere.I have tried to reinstall it on my Ipad, but it just says unable to download app. When I try to log in on my phone it just says invalid username or password AGAIN !

I have registered both devices on the site as you suggested, as you can probably see.

I used to be able to watch TV Anywhere on both my Samsung S3 and my Ipad, but now I can't get it on either, so VERY frustrating.

Regards,

Dave.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

I can understand how frustrating this is considering this used to work before.

When I checked your account again I could see the iPad is registered and another device but not sure if its the Samsung S3. If you go onto your pc/laptop sign into your account and check to see which devices are registered to use TV Anywhere. This way you will definitely know which devices are registered. If there is one that you don't use then by all means remove it and register a different device such as the Samsung S3.

If you still get the error of wrong username or password when trying to sign in, then either or is incorrect and you might have to call through to our Technical Support team on either 150 or 0345 454 1111, for them to reset your password.

Try this first and see how it goes

Sam 

0 Kudos
Diverdave
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

The device registered as Dave Oliver is my Galaxy Note 4, when I try to reinstall the app to my Ipad as I said it says unable to download and I get a dark icon under which says waiting. This is so frustrating as I used to enjoy using the app on my devices.

The username and password are ok because I can use it to log on to the virgin media site , my emails etc.and also this forum, so why can't my devices access the site, what has changed ?

Regards,

Dave.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

At the moment there is an issue when downloading the app through the App store which you can see from this link.

If you can sign into the Virgin Media website and your TV Anywhere account then yes your username and password is correct. Even though there is an issue with the app store that doesn't explain why the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is not working. This should be working with no issues, it is registered, you should have the new updated version of TV Anywhere on there. There is no reason why that shouldn't work through the app. At the moment we are only aware of issues downloading from the App store no mention of issues from Play Store. Did you re-install the app on the tablet as well?

In the link it does mention to try a different connection or changing the DNS to different numbers, this may work temporarily to just download the app onto the iPad.

Sam

0 Kudos
Diverdave
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Sam,

Thank you very much for your patience in trying to sort out this problem for me. I have tried reinstalling the app on both my ipad and mobile to no avail. I am not savvy enough I am afraid to try changing DNS settings, I wouldn't know even where to find them.I think that the best thing for me to do is give up for now and maybe try later, obviously Virgin Media has let down their customers in this area and I am now paying for a service which I can no longer receive.

A friend of mine has a similar service with Sky and has no problems at all.

Thanks again Sam, I will try again tomorrow, if I have no luck I might look into trying an alternative.

Regards,

Dave.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

I'm sorry I couldn't get this working for you, I did really want this to work for you.

Please try not to give up on this. Try again tomorrow if you can and I got my fingers crossed it will work for you.

If you want me to do anything for you, you know where to find me :-)

Sam

0 Kudos