Menu
Tiajen69
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am unable to register a device for tv anywhere..

I have been going around in circles for over an hour, I am unable to register this device, as far as I know I have NO devices already registered as every time I have tried I have given up!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am unable to register a device for tv anywhere..

Hi Tiajen69,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble registering your device for TV Anywhere.

I've managed to locate your account and confirm there are no devices registered so far. I'd like to know more information. Could you please answer the following:-

What's the make and model of the device you're using?

Have you tried it another device?

When you try to watch channel 103, does it prompt you to register?

Please let me know and I'll happily assist further.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
Tiajen69
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am trying to use a Sony Vario laptop with windows 7,

It tries and then says no deice found, when I go to my account Device registration it shows but then says not device found, no registration form has ever come up to complete!

I am away on holiday and this is the only thing I have to try it on!

Thank you

Jennie

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jennie, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and I hope you are enjoying your holiday. 

Have you gone anywhere nice abroad or are you having a little get away elsewhere in the UK? 

It's worth noting, incase you are sunning yourself off somewhere hot, that TV Anywhere will only work when connected to a UK wifi network.

If you are connected to a UK network then we'll need to run some further checks with you Smiley Happy

What browser are you using on the laptop?

Is Flash Player and the browser fully up to date?

Does the Laptop have a touch screen? 

Can it be used as a Laptop or Tablet?

Let me know so I can help get this working for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem with a new iPad. I removed the old one from the list of devices (and my old iPhone) and registered the new one - i.e. gave it a name and then clicked register. But I rather think I shouldn't have chosen a name but actually put in its real name? (No actual clue is given as to what you are supposed to enter.) Now all I get is a message saying I can't register or change anything this month. Nor can I add two devices which is silly as they are both new. So until July 1st I can't do anything and even then I think I can only add one of them! WHY?

It's so long since I did this before that I can't remember how to do it now and the page on the site itself keeps changing its mind about what I can and can't do.

So do I enter the actual name of the device as recognised by iTunes?

Please HELP

0 Kudos
Kevgatens
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue - sky sports app says device limit reached but my iPad is the only device I am using. Also a nightmare to contact you by phone or chat - I'm paying a fortune for the service and expect more - can somebody please sort before I leave
0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I dialed 150 and went through the broadband faults help desk. Got a really helpful bloke who got me to click on the next line down on the profile page for sports and movies - and there were my two old devices. He deleted these for me and I then went into the apps on the devices using the VM account and they are now there. I've got the sports running on both but the is some sort of streaming error with a code 7 which I need to sort out now on the iPad Movie app. Can't see where to resolve this. Maybe try a re-boot of the iPad.

0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

brightonjohn wrote:

I dialed 150 and went through the broadband faults help desk. Got a really helpful bloke who got me to click on the next line down on the profile page for sports and movies - and there were my two old devices. He deleted these for me and I then went into the apps on the devices using the VM account and they are now there. I've got the sports running on both but the is some sort of streaming error with a code 7 which I need to sort out now on the iPad Movie app. Can't see where to resolve this. Maybe try a re-boot of the iPad.

Yep - the re-boot did it!

0 Kudos
Kevgatens
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John - where is the profile page you refer to?
0 Kudos
brightonjohn
Superfast
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Kevgatens wrote:
Thanks John - where is the profile page you refer to?

Hi

Login to your account anywhere.virginmedia.com

Look for 'My Profile' next to FAQs on the right hand side at the top

You've got choices here for Device Settings, Sky stuff, etc.

This is where you can register, delete, rename etc. - but only once a month unless you phone the tech help.

Best wishes.

J

0 Kudos