Menu
habbsy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I am trying to watch skysports but it keeps saying install Silverlight which I have done

I am trying to watch skysports but it keeps saying install Silverlight which I have done

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am trying to watch skysports but it keeps saying install Silverlight which I have done

habbsy wrote:

If you're accessing via a web browser, make sure that the web browser is not Google Chrome - as it is no longer supported. Try IE or Firefox instead, though with that said, I saw a post here recently that said Sky Sports wasn't working properly in them - if it was accurate - perhaps that is resolved now.

Beyond that, the normal advise seems to be uninstall silverlight, reboot and reinstall it. Then try streaming again. As this topic discusses: http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go/installed-Silverlight-but-site-keeps-insisting-I-need-to-install/...

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am trying to watch skysports but it keeps saying install Silverlight which I have done

Hi habbsy

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that you are unable to watch Sky Sports due to the error of install Silverlight.

Have you managed to get this working? If not I would look at the advise from Shelke in terms of using either Internet Explorer or Firefox as a browser and if that still doesn't work try to uninstall and reinstall it. If this is on a Mac make sure that the cookies are set to Always rather than Allow, this is sometimes an issue as well.

Try these steps and see if that works.

Let me know how it goes

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos