Menu
richard10002
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I Registered My New Laptop!!

I registered my new laptop last Tuesday. I called it Richard Lenovo - TV Anywhere worked fine.

Today I tried to watch TV Anywhere again and Sky Sports and Virgin Media tell me that "this device isnt registered"

What's going on?? If it's to do with Windows 10 updating itself, then TV Anywhere is going to be useless most of the time.

In fact, why do we only get 2 devices, and 1 change a month??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: I Registered My New Laptop!!

Hi richard10002, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with TV Anywhere on your new laptop. 

Only two devices can be registered and you’ll be able to make one change to your registered devices each calendar month. This lets you remove a device to add a new one.

I have added a device change back onto your account for you now. If you are still having problems, please delete the device, then re-register.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
richard10002
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

Thanks for taking an interest, but I dont think you understood the issue. My new laptop was registered on Tuesday 1st November and Virgin Anywhere worked fine... so my new laptop was one of my registered laptops on 1st November, yet I was being told it wasn't.

On the day I posted here, I had opened up Virgin Media Anywhere on my new laptop to watch a football match, only to be told that I had already registered my two devices, and that this was not one of them. I tried BT Sport and Sky Sport without success. My assumption was that Windows 10 had recently updated and your software may have viewed the update as a new system, hence rejecting it.

Anyway, with the additional device change you allocated to me, I have deleted the device and reregistered it, and it works fine right now on the Virgin Platform, e.g. BT Sport 1, but when I try to watch Sky Sports 1, the prompts take me to the Sky platform, I log in with the Virgin Media sign in, and find I am told in a pop up that this is not one of my registered devices.

Help Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
richard10002
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Fed up with Virgin now.... Agreed a price 12 months ago yet the price has increased by over 10%, and Anywhere is just awful. Just given my 30 days notice, so I'll be using Sky Go from December, which works fine with no issues for me whatsoever.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard10002,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message, I'm sorry that this wasn't able to be sorted. There's a few tips you can try for the TV Anywhere, you may only need to try one or two:-

• Reinstall the app itself, after clearing cache and cookies.
  • Check to see if you can sign into TV Anywhere from a PC to see if it streams. Please bear in mind that Chrome isn't supported.
  • Check that your device OS hasn't been changed recently, for example, Android 6.0.1 is unsupported.

Give these a go and please get back to me when you can.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
richard10002
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

I dont know what you mean when you talk about an app. I'm having all this trouble on my new laptop which runs Windows 10... so I'm trying to use TV Anywhere on a PC, and the Sky Sports and Sky Movies pages wont recognise my laptop as one of my registered devices, (even though, at the last try, I was able to stream BT Sport and other channels in the main Virgin TV Anywhere - so the laptop must be registered, and is recognised outside the Sky pages)

There is nothing on my laptop to uninstall, (or is there)??

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard10002,

Thank you for your message, if you're on the PC then no, there's nothing to install as you're using the web version of TV Anywhere or Sky Go.

I would log into your account in the TV anywhere and remove and then register the device again. I have checked you allowances and you should be able to do this. 

Keep in touch and let me know.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
richard10002
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've checked in device settings and it tells me that I have my 2 devices registered and no changes available until 1st December... can you see something I cant see?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi richard10002, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

OK, I've had a look and I'm seeing you have 2 changes left for TV Anywhere and 1 change left to use for Sky. 

If you just try streaming on the laptop for Sky, the device should register automatically for you. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
richard10002
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OK. Thanks for the help. All seems to be working now. Hopefully it continues to work when Windows 10 updates again.

0 Kudos