Menu
Bernieboy
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

How long will it be before I can once again view TV Anywhere across my Chrome Browser

I`m getting rather fed-up with having to switch browsers in order to watch TV Anywhere on my laptop, ie move from Google to Outlook Express. For months I was able to use Google, so what has recently changed as far as the supposed "security issues" are concerned which are making access to Google impossible? 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How long will it be before I can once again view TV Anywhere across my Chrome Browser

The change is that Google have removed support for all plugins from Chrome - this includes the full version of Adobe Flash required to support the content rights management used by TV Anywhere, and support for Silverlight used by the Sky Movies and Sky Sports website.

So currently this is why support is via Internet Explorer or Firefox for Windows PCs only.

As to if or when there are plans to update the TV Anywhere and Sky services to enable to support for Chrome in the future hasn't been announced.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How long will it be before I can once again view TV Anywhere across my Chrome Browser

The change is that Google have removed support for all plugins from Chrome - this includes the full version of Adobe Flash required to support the content rights management used by TV Anywhere, and support for Silverlight used by the Sky Movies and Sky Sports website.

So currently this is why support is via Internet Explorer or Firefox for Windows PCs only.

As to if or when there are plans to update the TV Anywhere and Sky services to enable to support for Chrome in the future hasn't been announced.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos