Menu
Crusoe
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How do I search movie rentals from the new app version?

Title says it all really - I used to be able to browse new rental releases and top rentals. Now I can't find those options anywhere. Help?

PS any chance the app will be optimised for larger screens any time soon? Makes it seem very dated and not a great use of screen space.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I search movie rentals from the new app version?

Hi Crusoe, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy 

In terms of the screen layout, currently it's based on screens over 7' get the tablet version and under 7' get the mobile version. This is unlikely to change. 

To find out the latest Movies available to view, you can find these by selecting the On Demand option and selecting the Movies. Smiley Happy

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Crusoe
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for the reply. On the screen layout that's a shame, other websites manage to be more responsive.

On the movies, perhaps I wasn't clear - there's no way to view the list of movies available for rental through Virgin Media.  You used to be able to browse this list to see what the weekly new releases and top rentals were.  I found it helpful being able to do this away from my TV.  With the redesign there's no way I can see to view a list of movies available for rental; the On Demand page doesn't include movie rentals at all.

I can see at least one other thread on the same subject, for what it's worth.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Crusoe, 

Thanks for coming back and I understand what you mean now. 

Apologies I mis-understood first time round. 

You can’t watch movie rentals via TV Anywhere at all currently. There used to be a Virgin movies website but this has closed down. Now you can only watch movies you’ve rented via your TiVo®.

Word on the grapevine is you should keep your ears close to the ground though as there may be something coming your way soon Smiley Wink

Once I get any updates, I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Crusoe
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath. I'm afraid the forum team keep misunderstanding the question - nobody is asking to be able to watch movie rentals via the app.

This thread and the other I've replied to are about being able to browse the movies that are available for rental, so that we can see a list of what's new each week. The rental itself is via the TiVo box menus, not via the app. We're talking about being able to see a list of movies, that's all.

You definitely used to be able to do this in the old version - one of the tabs allowed you to view content by genre (e.g. "action adventure movies", "family movies") and included categories like "Virgin Media new rentals" and "Virgin Media top rentals". It was very helpful in deciding whether there was something I'd want to watch later on when I got home.

To be clear again - this is not about renting movies via the app, or watching rentals via the app. It's about being able to see a list of movies, via the app, that are available for rental.

0 Kudos
Crusoe
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Let's try this one another time!

How can I view, through the app, the list of movies that are available for rental?

(Previous clarification: I don't mean rent them via the app, I mean view a list of movies that can be rented through the TiVo box.  You could browse this list through the previous app version, which had lists of new rentals, top rentals, etc.)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's not currently possible to see Virgin Movies on Demand within the TV Anywhere app. You have to browse and search for them on your set top box.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Crusoe
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I thought that might be the case. It's a shame that useful functionality has been removed from the app (particularly as what's been added isn't very useful for me).

0 Kudos