Menu
paulgoldney
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do I find out which device to delete in sky sports devices - They are named the same-2

I have 2 devices for Virign and Sky both registered

The virgin devices are names sensible like Paul-PC and Paul-Laptop

THe virgin devices get named themselves and are called 1163443-pc2 and 1163443-PC

I want to delete one so I can add it to my PC as I will have a device change spare

But I cant see which one to delete - If I delete the live subscription I lose sky on my laptop, then i'll add it to the PC

Is there a way to check Silverlight or registry to find out what its device nickname is?

This was assigned dynamically by Sky / Silverlight!!

Paul

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I find out which device to delete in sky sports devices - They are named the same-2

This may or may not be any help, but the Sky device IDs are assigned sequentially and chronologically.

So the one with the "2" on the end is your most recently added device.

If it turns out badly, just call customer services & ask for the additional device change you will need.  It's not your fault that the automatic registration for Sky devices often leaves us VM scratching our heads.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I find out which device to delete in sky sports devices - They are named the same-2

Hi paulgoldney, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the confusion. 

As mentioned by Crockret, the names are numbered 1 and 2. If you delete one of the devices and it turns out to be the wrong one, we can then add a device change for you. We can only add one of these per month though.

Let me know how things go Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos