Menu
Poppyday
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How can I watch TV Anywhere on a Mac

I switched to Virgin from Sky to consolidate my TV,Phone and Broadband services. One important factor was the ability to continue to watch my Sky Movies and Sky Sports channels away from home. I was assured that with TV Anywhere, that was possible. WRONG!! 

I can watch the terrestrial channels, but despite spending several hours both online and now on the phone, I still cannot watch these channels on my Mac. The error message is :-

Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error. Please click play to resume watching. [t:6038/c:4110].

I am using Safari and have tried changing all the Siverlight preferences as suggested elsewhere. 

Can anyone solve this problem?

I already have an engineer booked to deal with the lag between audio and video on the tv. I have reported the continual break in broadband service. So as you can imagine I am regretting the switch!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I watch TV Anywhere on a Mac

Hi Poppyday, 

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue viewing Sky Movies and Sky Sports from your mac. 

The most likely cause of this is down to your cookies. Make sure you set these to Always instead of just Allow. 

Once this is done, attempt to stream again and let me know what happens Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Poppyday
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin TV Anywhere.

I have recently changed to VM from Sky. One huge stipulation while I was being encouraged to move was that I could access Sky Sports/Movies away from home. TV anywhere should give me that ability. It doesn't!

My daughter and I have both been trying to access the service. We are both using Macs.

So far I have

changed from Chrome to Safari,

Installed a Flash Player,

Installed Microsoft Silverlight.

Rung the helpline (who said I should install an App - this does not exist for a Mac).

Had an engineer out to deal with a lag in Sound on the Tivo box, he tried to help and rang his supervisor who said I should ring Sky!!!

I registered for the forum and left a request fro help which has been completely overlooked.

I have tried to get online help but no one is ever available (don't put a suggestion that a customer should email and not give an address to email to)

This is all wrong!! I cannot access a service which I am paying for. 

When I access TV Anywhere, I select the ON NOW tab, I choose a Sky channel and press watch, I am redirected to the Sky website, I sign in to watch, I tells me there is a problem with Silverlight, (I have all my settings as suggested elsewhere) i click continue and then I get my final message "Apologies this item has been interrupted due to an error. Please click play to resume watching [t:6038 / c:4110]" No amount of clicking ok makes this item play. 

Please resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Poppyday wrote:

I have recently changed to VM from Sky. One huge stipulation while I was being encouraged to move was that I could access Sky Sports/Movies away from home. TV anywhere should give me that ability. It doesn't!

My daughter and I have both been trying to access the service. We are both using Macs.

So far I have

changed from Chrome to Safari,

Installed a Flash Player,

Installed Microsoft Silverlight.

Rung the helpline (who said I should install an App - this does not exist for a Mac).

Had an engineer out to deal with a lag in Sound on the Tivo box, he tried to help and rang his supervisor who said I should ring Sky!!!

I registered for the forum and left a request fro help which has been completely overlooked.

I have tried to get online help but no one is ever available (don't put a suggestion that a customer should email and not give an address to email to)

This is all wrong!! I cannot access a service which I am paying for. 

When I access TV Anywhere, I select the ON NOW tab, I choose a Sky channel and press watch, I am redirected to the Sky website, I sign in to watch, I tells me there is a problem with Silverlight, (I have all my settings as suggested elsewhere) i click continue and then I get my final message "Apologies this item has been interrupted due to an error. Please click play to resume watching [t:6038 / c:4110]" No amount of clicking ok makes this item play. 

Please resolve this issue.

Did you follow the instructions Kath gave you on your other thread?  If you followed the instructions on the other thread and they did not help you should update there so that Kath can respond.

You would be better sticking to the one thread to ensure you get a response.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Poppyday
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

To Kath,

Thank you, that has worked. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Poppyday, 

That's awesome news Smiley Happy

Let me know if you have any further issues. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Poppyday, 

Thanks for your post. 

Checking your other thread here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/How-can-I-watch-TV-Anywhere-on-a-Mac/m-p/2774846#M2... I can see the instruction I gave have worked Smiley Happy

If you need any further help, just let me know.

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
1Luckyluke1
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

can you tell me what solved this issue i have the same problem on my new mac and noting seems to work,
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

1Luckyluke1 wrote:
can you tell me what solved this issue i have the same problem on my new mac and noting seems to work,

Hi Poppyday, 

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue viewing Sky Movies and Sky Sports from your mac. 

The most likely cause of this is down to your cookies. Make sure you set these to Always instead of just Allow. 

Once this is done, attempt to stream again and let me know what happens :smileyhappy:

Thanks, 

Kath
Help & Support Forum Team

To paraphrase...

0 Kudos