Menu
Pinklady1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ive set my tivo box to accept my other devices so that i can watch anywhere but its not doing it

Why are my devices not being recognised by my tivo box

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi ive set my tivo box to accept my other devices so that i can watch anywhere but its not do...

Hi Pinklady1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue detecting your TiVo® from your devices. 

What action are you trying to perform? 

Have you got an ethernet cable going from your TiVo® to your hub / router? 

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Pinklady1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi ive set my tivo box to accept my other devices so that i can watch anywhere but its not do...

Hi yes I have an Ethernet cable from the TiVo box to the router when I click on my iPad or iPhone of course in settings it comes up with 5G but I think the TiVo is connected to 2G is this why 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

For the majority of TV Anywhere function, your iPad or iPhone can be connected to any wifi, anywhere.

Even for those functions which require your iPad or iPhone to be connected to the same network as the TiVo, it doesn't matter whether you use the 2.4 GHz wifi or the 5 GHz wifi.

As an aside, with the TiVo connected by an Ethernet cable to your Superhub, it's connection is not 2.4 GHz, which is wifi.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you ever had it working?

What error are you getting when you logon to the TV Anywhere app on your iPad or iPhone?

Have you enabled Network Remote Control in the TiVo's Settings?

0 Kudos