Menu
paul-heavyside
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I've tried to log into sky sports anywhere and was told device limit reached

I have 2 devices registered my iPad and my iPhone 6. I tried to log on with my iPhone 6 and got the above message device limit reached? I haven't changed anything since the last time I used it without s problem. This has happened before and I thought deleting it and re-registering it would work but it didn't please help.

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi I've tried to log into sky sports anywhere and was told device limit reached

Hi Paul 

Welcome back to the community

Sorry to hear that you had an error of device limit reached on your iPhone 6 when trying to log into Sky Sports.

When you sign into your account under Sky Movies & Sky Sports does it show that the iPhone 6 is registered? If so as its the first of the month you get your available devices changes. I have re-sync'd the account, try it again and if you get the same message again try removing and when you re-register stream a channel on Sky Sports on the actual iPhone 6 itself to prompt for registration. Which I'm sure you know anyway if you done it before.

Try this and see if it works. Let me know how it goes.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
paul-heavyside
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi I've tried to log into sky sports anywhere and was told device limit reached

Hi Samantha.

I've just tried that and it seems to work fine thanks. I was a bit reluctant to try it because last time it didn't work and on top of that I lost my monthly allowable change. Any ideas as to why this keeps happening. I don't change anything and it works fine on the 2 devices I use it on for ages and then out of the blue I get the device limit reached and I can't log on?
Regards
Paul
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

I'm glad that it is now working for you :-)

I can now see that the iPad and iPhone 6 is showing as registered for the Sky Sports app. If they were always registered to use it then theoretically it should work with no issues. As I myself have had 2 devices use it for months and I've had no issues like that before. 

If it does happen again, try re-installing the app first before using a change if it is not necessary. Come back here to let us know and we see if the devices are still showing as registered if they are then something else is causing this issue. We will have to try one step at a time just to see what may be causing it.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
paul-heavyside
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi it's happened again only 2-devices registered but it says limit reached. I tried removing then adding my iPhone 6- plus again it didn't work and I've now used my only monthly change?

Any idea why it keeps happening please?

Regards

Payl
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Hope all is well.

Thanks for posting and apologies that this has happened again.

I checked your account, the iPad and iPhone 6 plus is showing as registered. You also have 2 changes remaining so if you still have these remaining I think the de-registration didn't go through. You shouldn't need to do this anyway it should work without having the error of device limit reached when they are showing as registered. If you can go onto your laptop/PC and remove the device that way. Then re-install the Sky Sports app, start streaming and see if it works after registration.

Do you know if the iPad or iPhone have any iOS updates on Sunday or Saturday? Sometimes if there has been an upgrade to the iOS this does think the device is new and needs to be re-registered. 

Let me know how you get on

Sam

0 Kudos
paul-heavyside
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha,

that worked thanks I think it was because of an iOS update as you said as it's happened to me in the past. Is anything being done about this as it's an obvious fault and if there are a few updates of iOS in a short period of time I would run out of available device changes?

Thanks again

Paul

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply.

I'm glad it's working.

I appreciate how frustrating this can be, it does happen on Android devices also. It does happen when the Operating System updates then the app thinks its a new device. I will look into this for you to see if this can be reviewed.

If it does happen again, get back in touch and I'll check it over again for you.

Regards

Sam

0 Kudos