Menu
M_M
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Having problems re-downloading the TV Anywhere app on ipad

As I was having problems with the app not working properly on some channels - buffering and skipping back, I'd thought I would delete the app and re download it.

But when I try to download it, I click on the the cloud icon to re download it, but it changes to to the circle but it does nothing then I get a message saying it can't be downloaded at the moment, please try later.

i am using iPad 4 running 8.1.3

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Having problems re-downloading the TV Anywhere app on ipad

M_M wrote:

As I was having problems with the app not working properly on some channels - buffering and skipping back, I'd thought I would delete the app and re download it.

But when I try to download it, I click on the the cloud icon to re download it, but it changes to to the circle but it does nothing then I get a message saying it can't be downloaded at the moment, please try later.

It's a known problem that VM are working to fix. In the meantime you can temporarily connect your device to another WiFi network or change its DNS setting to use Google DNS (8.8.8.8) as this staff post advises and then download the app: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Unable-to-download-Virgin-TV-anywhere-app/m-p/28313...

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

M_M wrote:

It's a known problem that VM are working to fix. In the meantime you can temporarily connect your device to another WiFi network or change its DNS setting to use Google DNS (8.8.8.8) as this staff post advises and then download the app: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Unable-to-download-Virgin-TV-anywhere-app/m-p/28313...

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
M_M
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, not what I was told on their Twitter account.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi M_M,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue downloading the app. 

As mentioned above, there was an issue with the app downloading that we were made aware of. The team have worked very hard on getting this resolved. 

Are you still having an issue at your end?

Let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos