Menu
Blademan72
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HTC 10 unable to stream live tv

I have just got my brand new HTC 10 delivered from HTC direct, I have installed tv anywhere and can login fine but when I try to stream to it's coming up with "unauthorised modification detected" I have not modified my phone at all it's as it was out of the box so please can you advise why I'm getting this error message.

I had a HTC m8 previously and this worked without any issues.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: HTC 10 unable to stream live tv

Hi Bladman72,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you here Smiley Happy

Apologies to hear that you've not been able to use your device with TV Anywhere. New devices that are launching with Android OS 6.0.1 are not currently working with TV Anywhere. Smiley Sad

Being a Samsung S7 user, I can understand this will be frustrating news to hear. 

Any devices that have launched with a lower OS and have been upgraded to 6.0.1 will work so it's not that the actual OS is incompatible. The team are working on this already and are working on bringing live TV streaming to these devices as soon as possible.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SteveH4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Any news on this? The HTC 10 has been out for a good 6 months now and I'm still unable to stream live TV on it. Works fine for Sky Sports Mobile and NowTV so I know there are no technical reasons as to why this cannot be done (and they're really hot on DRM). Also, is the streaming still restricted to WiFi (I seem to recall this being the case), again there is no reason for this restriction to be in place.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No and yes, as you rightly mentioned it's over six months damm disgraceful if you ask me.
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SteveH4,

Thank your for your message, welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

The software version 6.0.1 and above are still aspects of the TV Anywhere that are being ironed out at this moment. I can understand that this isn't the best of news and as Kath has mentioned with her own device, mine the same, it can be frustrating. 

There is work still being carried out, once this is completely resolved, the team will notify everyone by popping a message on the board, so pop back now and then.

Many thanks for your ongoing patience and welcome in Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
SteveH4
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry but a 6 month wait to have a major issue like this fixed is not acceptable. The average phone contract is 24m, having the service unavailable for 1/4 of that is disgraceful (that's assuming the best case scenario and the problem is fixed tomorrow). And we're not talking about a problem restricted to a specific phone / brand, the android 6 release would have been available to the VM devs months before these phone came out. I hope they're getting ahead of the curve with Nougat as that will be along soon...

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My understanding is that you will need the new TiVo for Android 6 or 7 to work!
0 Kudos
SteveH4
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well well, I noticed this week that the VM Anywhere app had been updated and what do you know, I can now watch TV on my HTC 10. Hooray!

A few points:

1) There has been no communication on this problem, surely VM knew about this problem and that they were currently fixing it and that it would be delivered soon. It would have been nice to actually tell your customers and keep them in the loop.

2) There is STILL no ability to stream over 4G.

3) After waiting 6 months for the fix my phone is on the verge of upgrading to Android 7. I hope you are ahead of the game and have planned / tested for compatability!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SteveH4, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were left out of the loop on this Smiley Sad 

Once the fix for customers on the 6.0.1 went live, I posted on most threads but yours was missed out. 

I'm glad you've been able to use the app to stream now Smiley Happy

Currently there are no plans to allow streaming via 4G however if and when we do, we'll announce it over on the news section Smiley Happy 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos