Menu
Fannys
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Given speed upgrade but hub can't handle the speed

So I had been given upgrade with 6 months half price 200mb and was not told I needed a new hub. I only found out about me needing a new hub to run the speeds I've been paying for when my old super hub stopped working and technical support told me that my hub cannot cope with my speeds. They sent me a new hub which works perfectly fine and I am getting the speeds now I pay full price for.. considering this is a mess up with virgin there is no offer to offer the half price again... has anyone else had this problem..?? Ive been with virgin 6 years and seem like they are well and truely skanking me... considering leaving...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Given speed upgrade but hub can't handle the speed

Hi Fannys, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were having an issue with your internet speeds Smiley Sad

Some offers are only available for a certain amount of time. After this time has expired, we're not always able to add the same offer on again. 

If your hub is incapable of running the speeds then the hub wouldn't work at all. The speed being sent would 'fry' the modem if you like. If you've been receiving slower speeds this would of been down to something else. 

As a replacement has resolved the issues you were having, it's possible the hub was faulty. 

For existing offers available to you, speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they'll be able to see what they can do Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Fannys
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The tech team on the phone told me the reason my hub used to have problems is because for the last 6 months since my offer of upgrade i have had the wrong hub for my speed which I was told by your technical team who to fix the problem sent me a new hub which works perfect. So how can you tell me that it's another issue when your own team told me what the issue was... personally I think what you have just said there is just a fob off.

My issue is that you virgin should've provided me with the new hub when u started my offer so for the first 6 months which were half price I never got to use the speeds that I was paying for...

Been a customer for 6 years and this last year the service has been hurrendous
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fannys, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

I double checked with the Broadband experts on our team and they have agreed with me. 

If the hub you had was unable to cope with the speeds you were getting then the hub wouldn't work at all. It wouldn't give slower speeds. 

In this case, I stick to what I originally said and believe the Hub you had developed a fault which caused the slow speeds. A replacement like for like hub would have resolved the issue but as we had a newer hub available, we've sent you this instead. 

If you have any further issues, pop back. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Fannys
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thats a load of rubbish

I quote they said that the hub couldn't handle the speeds and that's why it had the faults which stopped it working and also why I wasn't getting the speed paid for. And they did not swap the hub for a like for like they swapped it for the new superhub2 because like I said the technical team said my first and only hub which worked perfectly fine until my speed upgrade could not handle the speeds therefore had the faults and caused the hub to stop working properly.

I'm pretty sure you record phone calls if you would like to listen back then you will hear your tech team tell me it's because my hub was not capible of running 200MB. Your reply is quite rude to be honest it's like your basically telling me that your tech team lied to me in the first place or that I am lying now.

Either way my issue is not that I didn't have the hub or the speeds. It's that virgin have made no attempt to re-issue the 6 months half price which I think would be fair and the right thing to do considering my hub previously had never been changed... I understand offers come and go but there is always a 6 month half price offer run by virgin so again it's just another fob off...

0 Kudos