Menu
nellam
Tuning in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Galaxy tab S 10.5 Still not streaming

Hi Kath,

You know say that the  Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (SM-T800) is now suitable for streaming. I'm still getting the "Can't stream error"  I've restarted the device and also reinstalled the tv anywhere app and it's still getting the same streaming error.

FreshOutTheBox3
Up to speed
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Galaxy tab S 10.5 Still not streaming

Was just about to post a thread regarding this. It says it supports it in the device list but nothing. Still.
Fresh
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi both, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue. 

I raised this as a fault a few days ago and the IT team have just gotten back to me to say that this device is not supported by us. 

It has been enabled for streaming but as we have not been able to test it, we're only able to go through simple diagnostics. 

I know this isn't the news you would like to hear but hopefully other Community members will be able to help you further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
skiking
Tuning in
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I don't think it's been enabled for streaming according to the device list but it has been enabled for tv guide and managing tivo although I've been using my tab s for this since I got it several weeks ago. Nothing has changed in the last couple of weeks.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi skiking, 

If you check the list here: http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/on-the-go/tv-anywhere.html

You will see the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 is on the Enabled Devices under the tablets section. (It's 6th from the bottom) The model numbers that have been enabled are: SM-T805/M, SM-T800/X

If anyone has a different model then let me know and i'll get it added.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
skiking
Tuning in
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

This thread is about streaming. As I said in my previous response the Tab S has been enabled to manage the tivo for several weeks but streaming still doesn't work.

Would be good to get a timescale on streaming
0 Kudos
RichieG1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

So you saying we just have to keep waiting and waiting. All I want is to stream virgin tv anywhere and sky sports on my android tablet which is a samsung galaxy tab s SM-T 800.  All the responses I read is to be patient while virgin and sky work on it with no true timescale and your customer services giving out inaccurate information. One way or another I have been waiting for over a year and a half now, and been penalised as I use an android and not an apple tablet!

0 Kudos
phi11ip
Up to speed
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi skiking, 

If you check the list here: http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/on-the-go/tv-anywhere.html

You will see the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 is on the Enabled Devices under the tablets section. (It's 6th from the bottom) The model numbers that have been enabled are: SM-T805/M, SM-T800/X

If anyone has a different model then let me know and i'll get it added.

Thanks, 

As I reported to you once before mine is model SM-T800 not SM-T800/X as you've stated here. Also I can't register my device for streaming. There is nothing in the settings menu.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, 

The Enabled list means that we have enabled streaming on this device. It's just not supported by our tech teams so whilst we hope it will work, the device may have issues. 

In this case, I raised a ticket for the streaming issue to be looked into but as it's on the non supported list they wouldn't look into it. I have emailed the development team to see if there is anything else we can do but not heard anything back from them yet. 

The SM-T800/X means that the 2 devices are enabled. The SM-T800 has been added, so has the X version. 

With regards to your device being ready for the Sky apps, i'm afraid we have no news on that. Sky are working on getting their apps ready for Android and once we have news we shall let you know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
phi11ip
Up to speed
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Well mine has not been enabled as there is no "Device Registration"  in the settings menu. On my Nexus 5 there is "Device Registration" menu item and if I select it it says my Nexus 5 is registered and I have one available device slot.

0 Kudos