Menu
lyncol1008
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Frustrated by tech - which App? and How?

Hello all. It is quite simple. I have a "favourite" link to TV anywhere form my HP laptop running windows 8 IE 10 or 11 (possibly, not sure and don't know how to look). I received a "message" saying windows has a reregistering problem, which mine does. It tells me the device is unregistered and  seems to want me to delete the device I am using or register another. Neither of which seem like a good idea. The message went on to add that to resolve this "download the App". A little investigation shows me a Apple app, I am not using "i anything", its a windows laptop and an Android app which seems terribly mixed up in Google Play? All I want to do is watch missed episodes !

I am not stupid , but not technically literate so please dumb down the language of any kind responses for someone who left school using log tables and a slide rule.

Thanks in anticipation

0 Kudos
Blonghurst
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frustrated by tech - which App? and How?

Short answer: TV Anywhere is currently broken for Windows machines and we don't know when it will get fixed. Using an Apple or Android device instead may get you round the problem.

Longer Answer: Re-registering your device will temporarily fix the problem, basically until you log out you should be fine, when you log in again you'll be back to square one. Unfortunately, since we only get one change a month, you're then stuck until next month.

The stuff about Apps is, I guess, suggesting that since the problem seems to be mostly on windows machines (some have reported problems on Apple devices too) if you have an apple or Android device then you use that for TV Anywhere until they mange to fix it for windows.  If you don't have such devices, then it's not relevant to you.

Hope that makes a bit more sense.

Bryan

0 Kudos