Menu
gav_hay
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Football on BT Sport and yet again it's TV Nowhere

I managed to watch the first 5 minutes of the Spurs game on TV Anywhere before streaming abruptly stopped. I refreshed the page and all I now get is the 'Problem loading page - Connection has timed out' message. I'm guessing this is the usual problem of TV Anywhere not having enough capacity to cope when there's high demand. This is getting very tedious.

Tags (2)
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Football on BT Sport and yet again it's TV Nowhere

Hi gav_hay, 

Apologies for the issues you had watching the game on Thursday. 

This is an issue we are aware of and have been making changes in the background to resolve this. 

A fix was put in place however we've seen this is still happening since so we are back to the drawing board. 

Once a new fix goes live I will be in touch to let you know.

Apologies again.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
gav_hay
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi gav_hay, 

Apologies for the issues you had watching the game on Thursday. 

This is an issue we are aware of and have been making changes in the background to resolve this. 

A fix was put in place however we've seen this is still happening since so we are back to the drawing board. 

Once a new fix goes live I will be in touch to let you know.

Apologies again.

Thanks,

Is the issue to which you refer the one I just posted about? http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Anywhere-Update-on-Connection-Has-Timed-Out-prob...

0 Kudos
tumi
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm no technician.

Is it possible that allowing connection over 3G/4G would alleviate pressure the woefully inadequate Wi-Fi network. Sky does - so no license limitation comments please VM - just sort it. At least you would get fewer complaints and maybe VM at least some happy customers!

This issue has gone in since the time of the Ark, who I bet had a better service.

Tumi

Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media really do need to up their game - Sky Q is going to deliver not just 4K content, but the ability to watch your recordings anywhere. And Sky understand the definition of the word "anywhere" somewhat better than Virgin do.

0 Kudos