Menu
cojms1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Errors everywhere with TV Anywhere

Trying for the first time in months to use the service.  Mobile device won't stream and I can't access the Device Registration section from the mobile app (get a rather annoying ooops message).  If I attempt to manage devices online, I get a message saying that an error occurred - you really should give a more meaningful message!!

What is the point of the service if the app turns into nothing more than a glorified remote control (when it decides on the odd occasion to actually connect to the TiVo)?  You even have the audacity to tell me that it's a great benefit for me in the daft value statements!!

It's not a value if I can't use it!!

What needs to happen to get this fixed?!  Ringing the Service Desk is likely to be useless as it always is when I ring for anything - it normally turns into a long drawn out process that wastes my time and theirs.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Errors everywhere with TV Anywhere

Hi cojms1,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue using TV Anywhere. In order to help you with this we will need a little more information. 

First up- TV Anywhere online. 

When going to anywhere.virginmedia.com via Internet Explorer or Firefox are you able to log in successfully? 

If so go to My Profile > My Devices. Is there anything listed here? If so remove it so we can start afresh Smiley Happy

Make sure your OS, browser and Adobe Flash Player are all up to date too. 

Next up - TV Anywhere app.

What is the make and model of the device you are using?

What OS are you running on the device? 

Come back and let me know and I'll be able to help you further with this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cojms1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F, you can ignore the stuff re: web.  I was only using that to see where the problem was.  I have no intention of installing Flash on any of my devices that would need to use a web client anyway.

More importantly is the mobile device.  I have just looked again and something has clearly resolved itself as I am now able to view device registration from that device.  I have removed the device and then added it again (I now have no device changes left - what a stupid idea to class a removal and re-add of the same device as a change; equally daft is the idea that the name has to be more than 6 characters long with no special characters apart from hyphens).

Still no dice.  My mobile that I am attempting to use is: -

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium running Android Marshmallow 6.0.1

I do have a tablet that I can test with as well, that is currently already registered and was working last time I tried (many months ago) but not sure if it still is.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi cojms1,

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy 

It's worth getting things working on a PC / Laptop as if there is ever an issue with the app, we need to ensure it's working on the PC first. 

That device, did it launch on Android 6.0.1? If so this will be why you are having the issues. 6.0.1 is currently supported Smiley Sad 

Are things working on the tablet? 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cojms1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F,

Apologies for the long delay in responding. The problem appears to have been resolved with the recent update in the Android application. Both tablet and phone seem to stream OK now and both are running Marshmallow.

Regards
0 Kudos