Menu
antonye123
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Error when trying to access Sky Sports

I have recent upgrade to the Full House Service.  However I have not been able to access sky sports using TV Anywhere.  I get the error 

"User does not have the necessary role to perform this action Error code: OVP_00005"

All other channels seem to work, just not Sky Sports. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error when trying to access Sky Sports

Hi antonue123

Welcome to the Community, sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV Anywhere app at the moment.

Do you have any other devices registered? If so, how are they working? Are you using a phone, tablet or on a computer?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bothofme
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi sorry to hijack this thread but I'm having the same issue trying to playback sky sports f1 on both OSX and iOS,

On Sky Sports Website I get Error: OVP_00005 and on the tv anywhere iOS app I get error [V:1001] i did attempt to playback from the sky sports app on iOS but all the channels except sky sports news are grey'd out?

my devices were registered and I have played back in the past from both devices?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi bothofme, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue getting Sky Sports to work. 

Since posting how have things been? Are you still having an issue? 

More often than not, deleting the current registration and re doing it helps resolves things. 

Using the PC / Laptop, go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. Delete the device and then attempt to stream again. 

Since you posted there has also been an update to the Sky Sports app so make sure you have the latest version within the App Store Smiley Happy 

Come back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos