Menu
ocky72
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Error trying to watch channels

Hi

I just dereigistered my laptop and rgeistered a new Android device instead but got an error when trying to watch any channel.

Having looked up the error the suggestion is that the app needs to be registered to the main account of the device and I had registered it to a secondary account.

Unfortunately I cannot reregister the device as I have now made the 1 change allowed per month.  Is there any way to get the number of changes reset as I was completely unable to use the registered device?

If so I can attempt registering the device with the main account

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error trying to watch channels

Hi ocky72,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having trying to register your new Android device. 

When attempting to register the device via the secondary account it brings up an error advising you need to use the Primary account instead. It doesn't use the change up. 

If you've not made any other changes this month then you'll be able to register the new device using the Primary details Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ocky72
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

The error was D1 - the device is a monitor with built in Android (a Philips S231C4AFD).  It looks like it's not supported.  My guess is that it's being seen as conecting via HDMI despite it being built-in.

As the month changed I registered it against the primary user, but again it gives a D1 when trying to stream.  Is it possible to get my change allowance reset for this month as the device does not work?

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ocky72,

Thanks for getting back to us. Kath isn't in at the moment, so I've picked up your post, I hope you don't mind. 

I've sent you more information about the TV Anywhere changes. Please check your private messages by clicking on the purple envelope at the top right of this screen.

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos