I am receiving this message when logging into watch Sky sports after being directed to the Sky Sports site.
This error is related to Silverlight.
The version I have was installed on the 12 Aug and had been working up to yesterday without issue.
It has been uninstalled and reinstalled. I get the same error on more than 1 browser.
Are Sky having issues with the service at the moment? Is there an open ticket for the fault?
Following information in another thread here and on the Sky Forums I have found that following the steps in the below order works.
1. Clear browser cache/reset browser settings and close browser.
2. Uninstall Silverlight
3. Select Start.Select Computer.Select Organize and choose Folders and search options.Select the View tab.In the Advanced Settings list, choose Show hidden files and folders.Select OK.
Select Start Menu then Computer.Select primary hard drive, usually C:\.Select Program Data and then Microsoft.Right Click on PlayReady folder and select Delete.
4. Re-install Silverlight and PlayReady
5. Open up Silverlight(Click start and type Silverlight. Click Silverlight to open) and make sure these settings are matching yoursWithin the Playback tab:Ensure that enable download and updates to components required for protected content playback box is ticked.Enable hardware accelerated playback is not ticked.Within the Updates tab:Install updates automatically (recommended) is not ticked.
6. Open browser by right clicking > Run as administrator
Access Sky Sports/Movies
it should install rights access and play without issue.
Close and re-open browser normally - all should be good.
Thanks for your post and for keeping it updated too.
I'm glad you managed to get things resolved and a huge thanks for posting the solution here for other users who may be having the same issue.
If you have any further issues, let us know so we can look into them.
Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out