Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7 (259 Views)

Error code OVP_00003

Hi,

Ever since Sky Sports have required you to install an app and view their channels on there I've been experiencing issues.

I am only able to view Sky Sports on one of the registered devices. I've removed both of the devices and re-registered both of them but I am still having the same issue. Please see the error below.

Could not register the device. Maximum allowed device changes exceeded Error code: OVP_00003

On my Virgin account it shows that both of my devices are registered so I'm confused as to why I keep getting this error. Please can you help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7 (231 Views)

Re: Error code OVP_00003

Hi Desmond123,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Sky Sports.

I'd like to start from scratch so we can get this working for you. First, you need to uninstall then reinstall the app on the device in question. Once you've done this, go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports then remove your current registration by clicking Delete next to the device that isn't working.

Once you've done that, open up the Sky Sports app on the device and select a channel to stream. It will then automatically register the device.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7 (205 Views)

Hi Josh,

I have already used my monthly one device change in an attempt to resolve this problem.

But I went ahead and followed your steps below anyway but still getting the same error code. I've removed my device now from registration so now I will have to wait another month to add it again. 

Very annoying!

Thanks for your help.

Desmond123

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7 (177 Views)

HI Desmond123

I'm sorry for the continued inconvenience you're experiencing with this issue, I'd like to locate your account so I can add a device change for you to get this sorted a little sooner but I've not been able to using your forum details unfortunately.

So I can get this added, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7 (173 Views)

Hi Desmond

Thanks for this information, I've checked your account and can see you've got a device change remaining at the moment.

We'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 7 (171 Views)

Hi Craig

When I go to the Sky Sports and Cinema device registration page it says I don't have any remaining device changes.

Desmond123

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7 (169 Views)

HI Desmond123

Sorry for the confusion, I had looked at your Virgin device changed and as the Sky section has it's own device changes. 

I've updated this from our end for you, we'd love to hear how it goes.

Craig

0 Kudos