Menu
Reply
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
philwh
Joining in
1,560 Views
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Error code D:1

I am getting the above error code when trying to stream anything to my new asus padfone infinity a86.

I am using the stock android ver 4.4.2 and not rooted

The padfone is listed as a registered device

I am also using the primary email login 

Date and time are set by my mobile network (three)

 

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
  • 12.7K
  • 1.62K
  • 3.74K
Superuser
Superuser
1,557 Views
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code D:1


philwh wrote:

I am getting the above error code when trying to stream anything to my new asus padfone infinity a86.

I am using the stock android ver 4.4.2 and not rooted

The padfone is listed as a registered device

I am also using the primary email login 

Date and time are set by my mobile network (three)

 

Any help would be appreciated!


The app is designed to block its content being streamed on via HDMI/etc. Any attempt to do it will lead to the D:1 error. This is to keep within compliance with licensing agreements VM have with the content providers etc.

 

Staff post about the D:1 error: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Is-there-any-way-to-make-TV-Anywhere-on-android-pas...

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
philwh
Joining in
1,532 Views
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code D:1

There is no hdmi cable. I want to stream channels while I am away in my truck (in UK only). The only connection for this tablet that I have is the micro usb charger lead.

0 Kudos
  • 12.7K
  • 1.62K
  • 3.74K
Superuser
Superuser
1,526 Views
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code D:1


philwh wrote:

There is no hdmi cable. I want to stream channels while I am away in my truck (in UK only). The only connection for this tablet that I have is the micro usb charger lead.


Does it stream when you take the USB connection off?

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
philwh
Joining in
1,514 Views
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code D:1

No Its never streamed. I rung up and registered it as a device with vm ta a while back but its only recently as this app wouldnt recognise my padfone.
0 Kudos
  • 12.7K
  • 1.62K
  • 3.74K
Superuser
Superuser
1,499 Views
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code D:1


philwh wrote:
No Its never streamed. I rung up and registered it as a device with vm ta a while back but its only recently as this app wouldnt recognise my padfone.

Well looking into that device more it appears to be a hybrid device. In general VM TV Anywhere tends to be intolerant towards hybrid devices because of agreements with copyright holders etc.

 

Looking at the tech page for it: http://www.asus.com/Tablets_Mobile/The_new_PadFone_Infinity_A86/

 

It shows that it is a smartphone which slides into a tablet. If your smartphone is currently connected to the back of the tablet it could easily account for the streaming block error. I know that you mentioned it not streaming, but seeing the tech details of it. I have to ask if you've tried streaming without it being plugged into the tablet? (for clarification value.)

 

Because having the smartphone portion of it interface with another screen (tablet in this case) would lead it detecting its signal being passed onto another display and then error out on you.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
philwh
Joining in
1,492 Views
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code D:1

The "tablet" portion as you refer to is actually a battery and screen, ie Its totally useless without the phone being connected.
The phone was dropped and its touch screen digitiser is now cracked so on its own ie without being in pad-mode is also useless.
As such there is no way of knowing if this app works or not on the phone portion only.
In any case watching tva on a small phone screen is out of the question, which was the main reason and selling point for me to purchase the padfone originally
0 Kudos
  • 12.7K
  • 1.62K
  • 3.74K
Superuser
Superuser
1,487 Views
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code D:1


philwh wrote:
The "tablet" portion as you refer to is actually a battery and screen, ie Its totally useless without the phone being connected.
The phone was dropped and its touch screen digitiser is now cracked so on its own ie without being in pad-mode is also useless.
As such there is no way of knowing if this app works or not on the phone portion only.
In any case watching tva on a small phone screen is out of the question, which was the main reason and selling point for me to purchase the padfone originally

Yes and because the app detects the phones display being passed onto the tablet, it's protection system kicks in to prevent the signal being passed onto another display. Since the phone's display is kaput, you can't test it separately.

 

In any case, trying to get the TV Anywhere app to work with another device connected and doing the displaying instead, rather than the screen of the device the app is running on will lead to the D:1 error. The TV Anywhere app will only let you view the streams on the screen of the device the app is running on.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
  • 6
  • 0
  • 0
philwh
Joining in
1,477 Views
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code D:1

Hardly seems worthwhile continuation of subscription then! 

 

The idea was to purchase the padfone and stream tv using three networks all you can eat data rather than be limited to a few GB per month tethering a laptop or other tablet.

 

One last question though

 

Why did a vm techie that I spoke to, not inform me of this, when I initially telephoned to register my padfone infinity with tva?

0 Kudos