Menu
Tom888
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Error code '963' when downloading TV Anywhere app from PlayStore

Tried to download Virgin Media TV Anywhere app from PlayStore to my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N005, but while installing it stopped with the error code '963'. What is this error? I believe my device is supported.

0 Kudos
Tom888
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code '963' when downloading TV Anywhere app from PlayStore

Error 963 is in fact a PlayStore error. I fixed it by uninstalling the updates to Play Store and clearing it's data/cache. After installation, another problem! Anywhere does not accept my logging in!

0 Kudos
Tom888
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It accepted my log in this morning. It turns out I needed to wait up sometime before Anywhere activates for me because I have a new Tivo box. Reading from the handbook it is up to 24 hrs. Next, I found I need to connect the Tivo box to the home network.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=13730&CURRENT_...

I use the Powerline method.

The Anywhere app connected after I powered down and up the Tivo box.

I had to power down and up the Tivo box a couple of times to cure the distortion of the TV picture.

Now with the TV Anywhere app, first impression is that I'm rather disappointed because it is acting simply as a remote control at the moment. I thought I could watch TV and a different channel on the Samsung device. It did neither. Over-expectation perhaps!? I suppose I need to explore further to appreciate it more!

0 Kudos
Tom888
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok, you can only stream live TV on channels indicated by a small "wi-fi" type icon in the TV Guide on the app. All works now.

0 Kudos