Menu
robward100
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Error Code 7005

Hi

I am having issues with Sky Sports Player. I keep getting error message 7005.

Currently using the latest version of Internet Explorer on Windows 7. Please help!

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
MGB54
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code 7005

Yep - got the same problem ever since I was prompted to download the new Sky player and I also use Windows 7 - not been able to  solve it. Check out my earlier entries.

All I have got is the Virgin party line that it is not there fault and they are trying to get an update from Sky.

If you more success let me know.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello both,

Thanks for posting.

I have added a link here which should hopefully resolve this problem for you so please let me know how you get on.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
robward100
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I followed the instructions you suggested. All complete. Then when i tried to re-launch sky sports i now receive error code 4002, which is where i was at before error code 7005 took over.

I feel like having read all the forums nobody at Sky or Virgin actually knows how fix this? I pay £100 for a service that doesnt even work.

Any advice of error code 4002?

Rob

0 Kudos
MGB54
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I'm having exactly the same problems - getting the same error codes and using Wndows 7 and IE 11 - both updated.
Never had a problem till prompted to download the new Sky Player, at the start of July 2017
The only difference is I have just downloaded the supposedly 'updated' Player and now I only get a blue spinning wheel !!I
I have tried every solution mentioned in this forum - the advice given by Rose-B from the forum team is difficult to understand as it is from 2016 before Sky imposed the new player - previously it worked with Silverlight.
Good luck
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi robward100,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As MGB54 has mentioned, Sky have released a new updated version of their player which has resolved a number of faults brought about by their previous update.

Could you try downloading the Updated Sky Player to see if it clears the error?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
robward100
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

I re-installed it as suggested. Now I am getting a new error code that I have not seen before: Error code 20000. It asks me to restart the app. When I restart the app i get the same error code over and over.

Rob

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

I'm really sorry about this, I know how frustrating this can be!

Although Sky has resolved most of the issues with the updated player, a few new ones seem to have popped up. Are you still getting the error on screen?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
robward100
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

I reinstalled it and still get error code 20000.

This is so frustrating. As a sky customer of 7 years i never had this issue once.

Rob

0 Kudos
MGB54
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Had the same problems as you are having... for several weeks. (Windows 7 and IE 11)

I kept uninstalling and reinstalling virtually every day and managed to go through every Error Code that has been mentioned on this forum. Eventually I got the blue spinning wheel. Every time I uninstalled I did a full removal including going in to the 'Roaming' file and manually deleting Sky and Cisco folders.

However, it suddenly started working .. and has kept working. I'm not sure what it was that worked, or why, but here is a list of what I did.

Full uninstall.

Hard disc clean-up.

Windows update - but specifically any optional updates relating to my NVIDIA graphics card that hadn't been automatically downloaded.

Adobe Flash player update

Re- booted. Then reinstalled the Sky player and it worked.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos