Menu
Joining in
Message 81 of 84 (597 Views)

Re: Error Code 1949 while watching Sky Sports

My issue now resolved also. I did nothing on my config, but cricket hasn't been interrupted at all this morning with 1949.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 82 of 84 (591 Views)

Bornemouth v Man City interrupted every 12 mins from the in game clock,appalling service

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 83 of 84 (556 Views)

not sure if this has anything to do with it but here we go..

I down loaded the flash player from Adobe web site (12.2 I think) not from windows update it seemed not to want to install it.

Also as mentioned above in the post.

untick the sky player download button so as to re install the sky player ( it will uninstall and re install the player)

It does seem to be a hit and miss affair.. I'm not sure what combination of things I did to make it work...( tried so many over the weeks)

like every body else  it seems to work or not?

keep trying good luck

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 84 of 84 (249 Views)

Thanks Earnie that VideoGuard info was the last piece of the jigsaw for me.  Everything is working fine now.  I watched the whole Grand Prix (2 hours) with no breaks in service.

So just to recap for anyone tuning in who is using the Sky Sports App with Virgin Media log in on a Windows 10 laptop

Check that you have the latest version* of Sky Sports App (currently 4.0.0.0) and the latest version of Cisco VideoGuard Player (currently 8.1.1.3252) and most importantly make sure that you have uninstalled any old versions of Cisco VideoGuard. 

*check installed versions via Control Panel/Programs and Features

0 Kudos