Menu
Wij1
Joining in
Message 81 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code 1949 while watching Sky Sports

My issue now resolved also. I did nothing on my config, but cricket hasn't been interrupted at all this morning with 1949.
0 Kudos
Ch3aptrick
On our wavelength
Message 82 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Bornemouth v Man City interrupted every 12 mins from the in game clock,appalling service

0 Kudos
jagxf
On our wavelength
Message 83 of 95
Flag for a moderator

not sure if this has anything to do with it but here we go..

I down loaded the flash player from Adobe web site (12.2 I think) not from windows update it seemed not to want to install it.

Also as mentioned above in the post.

untick the sky player download button so as to re install the sky player ( it will uninstall and re install the player)

It does seem to be a hit and miss affair.. I'm not sure what combination of things I did to make it work...( tried so many over the weeks)

like every body else  it seems to work or not?

keep trying good luck

0 Kudos
strawfoot
On our wavelength
Message 84 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Earnie that VideoGuard info was the last piece of the jigsaw for me.  Everything is working fine now.  I watched the whole Grand Prix (2 hours) with no breaks in service.

So just to recap for anyone tuning in who is using the Sky Sports App with Virgin Media log in on a Windows 10 laptop

Check that you have the latest version* of Sky Sports App (currently 4.0.0.0) and the latest version of Cisco VideoGuard Player (currently 8.1.1.3252) and most importantly make sure that you have uninstalled any old versions of Cisco VideoGuard. 

*check installed versions via Control Panel/Programs and Features

0 Kudos
eastwc00
On our wavelength
Message 85 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Sadly still not working for me... must be just me since there is no other activity on this thread in over a month!
Have uninstalled Sky sports player as well as the Cisco Videoguard. Can anyone share what version of VideoGuard and Skysports they are running so I can compare?
0 Kudos
Martin_Hill
On our wavelength
Message 86 of 95
Flag for a moderator

If you look through this forum you will see that it is pockmarked with thread after thread of people complaining about the Sky desktop apps for Cinema and Sport, so be reassured, eastwc00, that you are far from being alone with having this problem.

I think the reason that this particular thread has run out of steam before reaching the station is twofold:

First, the people who man the forum team are absolutely powerless to do anything about the problems that have arisen with the Sky Sports/Cinema desktop apps. If you have a query about device registration or missing channels then that is within their compass and they are able (and often with good advice) able to help. But with something like the problems we are currently facing with the service—sadly, what can they really do? I suspect that the reason they (i.e. the forum team) do not respond to most of the threads concerning this problem is because they can offer nothing more than 'copy and paste' advice along with repeated platitudes—and we all know how incredibly frustrating this is.

Secondly, it is our own apathy, mainly born out of that highlighted above. Along with this particular thread there are countless others inquiring about the same problem, and as the forum team fail to post a response, the thread sinks down the page, then on to page 2, until it is forgotten about. It seems that with the lack of a solution to the problem forthcoming from Sky we have collectively shrugged our shoulders and accepted that what will be, will be—what can we really do?

It would seem that online viewing is seen by Sky and VM as secondary to that of receiving programmes through a television—I doubt we would have encountered a (as of this moment) four month wait for a solution to the problem if this wasn't the case.

What is evident though is this: we need to stoke the fire of this thread and create a bit of smoke.

eastwc00
On our wavelength
Message 87 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Martin, good of you to respond. I have to say I got so annoyed with this that I just have not used it hence why I've not posted much on this or other threads about this dreaded 1949 error.
0 Kudos
strawfoot
On our wavelength
Message 88 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Hi eastwc00

I had already shared my Sky Sports App and Video Guard versions in the post immediately above yours.  That works fine for me on Windows 10.

When you have issues it's always worth stating what OS you are on and your program versions, then someone with the same or similar set up can advise.

0 Kudos
eastwc00
On our wavelength
Message 89 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Thanks strawfoot. Same versions that I have after the most recent reinstall.
Running Win10 on a Surface Pro. Have used IE11, Chrome and Edge as starting points for launch all with the same dismal outcome!
The only improvement is that for the 20mins of viewing time the quality is a lot better!
0 Kudos
strawfoot
On our wavelength
Message 90 of 95
Flag for a moderator

eastwc00 - I was at the exact same stage as you (i.e. still getting the 20 minute timeout) but the thing that fixed it for me was getting rid of an old version of Cisco ViedoGuard (the old version didn’t get un-installed and was still sitting there so needed to be removed separately).  I would recommend checking that you only have 1 version of Cisco VideoGuard in programs and features.

0 Kudos