Menu
RichG
On our wavelength
Message 71 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code 1949 while watching Sky Sports

First attempt lasted the usual 20 minutes. Tried again and gone past the hour mark now so looking good.

RichG
On our wavelength
Message 72 of 95
Flag for a moderator

On a sidenote, has anyone managed to get rid of the top and bottom bar on the player ? Even on full screen (ie after clicking the option on the bottom right of the player) they both still stay there...not ideal when wanting to see the bottom of the screen for the score.

jagxf
On our wavelength
Message 73 of 95
Flag for a moderator

I found that If I click the windows full screen tab

then the sky tab bottom rhs  side move the mouse of the screen this it works on mine

if it helps any

regards

0 Kudos
Angrybuckle
Tuning in
Message 74 of 95
Flag for a moderator

This is still broken for me. It worked last night for an hour or so but I'm watching the test match today and every 20 mins i get the error code. Not good enough when pretty much every single sporting event lasts more than 20 mins...
0 Kudos
Earnie
Joining in
Message 75 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Not sure if this is/was the problem, but this fixed the 20 minute reset for me.

I think the problem is with Cisco VideoGuard Player and Sky Sports Player not uninstalling the outdated version. There were two different versions that I saw when I went to uninstall the Sky Sports Player, which may have been causing a conflict, so if you get rid of the older one I think that will fix things.

I did a complete uninstall of Sky Sports Player, both Cisco VideoGuard Player versions, Silverlight and Flash before reinstalling the Sports Player, so maybe try that if the above doesn't work?

Hope this helps anyone who still has issues!

RichG
On our wavelength
Message 76 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply jagxf. Sadly didn't work for me but with orders still stuck with the annoying 20 minute issue I am not going to complain !

0 Kudos
eastwc00
On our wavelength
Message 77 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Sadly I'm still seeing the 1949 error every 20 mins. I've already uninstalled everything (sky & Cisco related) though that was last week after the 17/8 update. Not sure I can be bothered to do that again unless a few others will indicate that it has made an iota of difference.

What's on BT Sport?

0 Kudos
Ch3aptrick
On our wavelength
Message 78 of 95
Flag for a moderator

This is just getting silly now ,everytime I use the Player this error code?

Can I get a refund on my services as this is not up to standard

0 Kudos
Acrowth
Joining in
Message 79 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Really annoying and ruins watching the sport via the web. Surely this must be a critical fix as the web access is a big reason I signed up to virgin. In my house I'm banished to the laptop when watching sport. An update on when the fix will be available would be nice.

0 Kudos
Stumbler
On our wavelength
Message 80 of 95
Flag for a moderator

My problem is resolved.

I don't know if it was because, a couple of days ago, I removed the tick from the "I have already installed the New Desktop Player" option and allowed it to reinstall........................

0 Kudos