Re: Error Code 1949 while watching Sky Sports

Cheeky. Very cheeky
0 Kudos
lhud64
On our wavelength
Message 52 of 95
Flag for a moderator

so Sky say speak to virgin media and virgin media say speak to Sky. This is so typical from both companies.

I pay Virginmedia for a service which is not working. It is down to them to sort this out and i will be ringing for a refund tonight as i predicted it wasn't fixed last night.

i have seen no mention on the sky forums about this issue. It seems specific for virgin media users so virginmedia need to sort quick or they will be losing customers quickly.

0 Kudos
nottah1
Tuning in
Message 53 of 95
Flag for a moderator

I get the same error 1949 thought this could this be a cunning plan by sky to get people to leave virgin and sign up with them but their customers seem to be suffering the same.

Pete

0 Kudos
lhud64
On our wavelength
Message 54 of 95
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE from Virginmedia

After being switched to 5 different people who had no idea wasting 40 minutes i got transfered to a guy in England at 2nd line support who found the following points

Call raised with sky under ticket number nke00009642

There is an issue withe the Sky getway servers which for VM customers the error happens from 5-20 mins and for Sky customers every 60 mins. Virgin is contacting Sky everyday for an update but no response but they will respond by the 13th september. As it is a server issue it should mean we wont need to download a new version of the player

Also as the SKYGO app is classed as a value added item they will not provide any refunds for this loss of service. Considering that many people only use this app for watching sport then this is very shortsighted. If it is advertised as part of the package and people use it then this must be considered for a refund.

feragman
Joining in
Message 55 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Sounds to me as if Sky aint bothered,trying to watch football on the player,already tripped out twice with 1949 error
0 Kudos
Mally_BUK
Tuning in
Message 56 of 95
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting the logic in the no refunds policy.........if it's not working then it has zero value to anyone therefore you get zero refund.......simples

0 Kudos
stevepwork1
Tuning in
Message 57 of 95
Flag for a moderator

This is a very useful update - thanks.

It does however indicate from the SLA ( 13th September ) that Sky have raised this as a fairly low priority ticket. Surely disruption to every user to a greater or lesser extent warrants a top priority ranking ( SLA would be within a day to deal )?

The corresponding team in Virgin should be excalating to a higher priority level

eastwc00
On our wavelength
Message 58 of 95
Flag for a moderator

I would suggest that if you have the will that everyone should be calling the support line to complain about this. If enough people raise it verbally then it should get visibility. Equally the forum is not as visible as Twitter. Companies hate Twitter so suggest posting your discontent there!
0 Kudos
stevepwork1
Tuning in
Message 59 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like Twitter is a good idea. How about starting #skygoiscrap ! ?

0 Kudos
strawfoot
On our wavelength
Message 60 of 95
Flag for a moderator

If you call VM you will slowly lose the will to live.  @VirginMedia on Twitter is a better option, it's quick and they do respond from there.