Menu
valerieferman
Joining in
Message 11 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error Code 1949 while watching Sky Sports

Same problem with me.... but I had the same bfore this update.... Virgin really needs to do something about it... or Sky... it's a mockery of the sky/Virgin anywhere theme.... Would we accept this on the TV? I don't think so...so why is it acceptable on an app?

eastwc00
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 95
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:

Sky Sports live viewing should normally stop every 60 minutes for content security. If it's stopping every 20 minutes then it's a bug.

I've flagged this thread to the forum team so they can escalate it up to Sky for investigation.

REALLY? What sort of screwed up security is this then? When a football match is 105 mins long AT LEAST how is 60 mins deemed appropriate? I don't believe this to be true at all. I think it comes down to a very crappy implementation of an app by Sky to get away from being browser-based.

I've had this error as well as the Heartbeat-exceeded error after about an hour. Nobody can explain that one but if it is TRULY related to security then I would expect Sky to re-evaluate their approach to mobile viewing. Doesn't help that after any error you have to close down browsers and re-login.

Skysux.

Bats586
Joining in
Message 13 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Me too with the 20 minutes.  Didn't have the 60min issues with previous version - only if I changed channels was I asked to login again.

Does nobody test this stuff?

Also looks like sky have done something tricky to try and stop screen grabbers - even just running the windows snipping tool, causes streaming to stop!

messman
Tuning in
Message 14 of 95
Flag for a moderator

My guess is that it's just supposed to run a check every 20 mins to make sure your usage is legitimate etc. There's clearly an error with this for Virgin customers after the new Sky Player app update when this runs. I seriously doubt it's supposed to be logging people out eve 20 mins.

Definitely worth raising this with Sky as well as Virgin. Virgin seem to have zero communication with Sky so complaining here might not get is anywhere.

0 Kudos
jezc
Tuning in
Message 15 of 95
Flag for a moderator

I'm also having this problem since installing the app upgrade earlier this week. I don't need to log in again - just close and reopen the app. Tried to report the issue to Virgin and ended up being transferred to some "fix squad" who wanted me to buy a subscription for them to reconfigure my browsers!

As there don't seem to be 100s of people complaining, I'm wondering if this might be browser/OS specific - I'm currently using Windows 10/Chrome. Going to try other browsers. Is anyone seeing this with different browser/OS combinations?
0 Kudos
eastwc00
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 95
Flag for a moderator

That's a bit sad considering sky point any issues for Virgin subscribers to the Virgin page
0 Kudos
emjayel
Tuning in
Message 17 of 95
Flag for a moderator

I am also getting error code 1949 popping up after 20 minutes. Since installing the new SkySports installer I have had nothing but problems. When the picture eventually appears it seems to be buffering all the time. Even the spoken comentary is rubbish as the presenters voice sounds  like a permanent stutter. Never had any of these problems before. Have used Firefox then also tried going in via Google. Makes absolutely no difference. Everytime I have reason to phone Virgin and hang on to the phone, before they answer in usually 15 minutes, it is always  regarding Sky Sports.  Have hafdso many problems with Sky Sports on Virgin that I to am thinking about cancelling my subscription, because the service leaves a lot to be desired and it is not fit for purpose. Especially when you consider what we are paying for this service.

0 Kudos
lhud64
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 95
Flag for a moderator

If this continue for much longer, i will be asking for a refund as i only watch sport on my PC. This is now un watchable how is it that illegal streams always seem to work better than ones you pay for. No wonder why it is on the increase when virgin and sky wont fix there own issue which people pay for.

0 Kudos
jgd1955
Joining in
Message 19 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Same here.

Don't normally watch it on PC but my VM set top box is bust

0 Kudos
Keypurr
Joining in
Message 20 of 95
Flag for a moderator

Sky player 1949 error code

Why do I need to reboot sky player every 10 to 15 mins can't sky sort it out. I've just got rid of picture stutter now this. It's all sky as no problems with virgin anywhere on browser just sky player problem.
0 Kudos