Menu
janiej
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Error 106

Similar to others and despite having the same 'devices' for several years, I received a message indicating I had reached my limit. Prior to taking any action I looked at the service status - and there being no indication of any current issues I changed my pc name - didn't work - waited until Thursday and tried again - same message - code 106 - although when viewing my settings noted that it was indicating I had made another change (which I didn't) and that I was over the maximum allowed.  I have phoned on several occasions and when able to talk directly with someone have received different information/reasons BUT no indication of anticipated resolution, nor offers of help re resetting device.  Was told I will have to wait until 1st July to  update device change.

Extremely poor service and lack of information from Virgin.  It is not difficult to understand the reason Virgin did away with email contact - there is no paper trail for customers to lodge formal complaints when all communication is done via telephone, nor any proof that customer service 'agents' are inconsistent in information they convey to customers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 106

Hi janiej, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having a new face here even though the circumstances are less than great. We are aware of this issue. 

Just to give you an update, the teams have been working on this and we hope to have a resolution soon.  

As a work around we are able to add a device change for you which will allow you to register the device however as soon as you log out, you will get the same error again. To get the change added, please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and follow the options to speak to the Broadband Faults team. 

I know this isn't the best solution but it is only a work around until we can get things back to normal for you. 

Keep an eye on the sticky here for further updates: TV Anywhere Device Registration

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

janiej
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error 106

Thanks for responding. Given the time already taken to resolve this issue I can only imagine it must be complicated or it would have been dealt with.  The absence of this service and the interim measures in place - phoning/getting a change are frustrating in themselves.  However my underlying frustration and concern lies with the manner in which Virgin has chosen to place responsibility onto customers to enquire about the issue that appears to be widespread and difficult to resolve.  I am at a loss to understand the reason Virgin chose not to immediately make this issue known generally on their website with regular updates to assure customers the matter is being attended to.  Having to establish the 'problem' lies with the service provider should not be placed on the shoulders of customers - following code messages/making adjustments on their computers/searching for answers in help forums etc - if not a legal obligation Virgin surely has a moral obligation to keep its customers fully informed of issues that are affecting them with such information being easily accessible and transparent.

I am dismayed to read that some people, in raising the issue about being compensated for the lack of a service, have been advised "it is a free" service, suggesting Virgin intend absolving themselves of any responsibility other than to restore the service. As I have not been able to access TV on demand programmes I have 'skimmed' over some of the 'contract' info re tv packages and not seen anything that clearly identifies this as a 'free service', i.e. xxx amount of channels plus tv anywhere for free.   It seems to me that tv anywhere/on demand etc is part and parcel of the overall package that customers buy into - it is not separate. 

Virgin should take hold of the reins in this matter - transparency and responsivity are urgently required by their paying customers