Menu
kashiup
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

E4 and Film 4

Hi.

I see that E4 and Film 4 are now available to stream on the app via TV Anywhere. When trying to stream these two channels the message comes up saying 'device registration required' why is this? All other channels stream with no issues. But when trying to stream these two it keeps coming up.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: E4 and Film 4

Hi kashiup, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue streaming from these channels. 

It's strange the error message is only coming up on these channels as usually it either works for the app or it doesn't. 

The first thing to try is a complete re-install. 

Delete the app from your device and turn the device off. Leave off for a few moments then turn back on. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, Re download the app from the app/play store. Open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence. Try the channels that weren't working to see if there is any difference. 

Come back and let me know Smiley Happy 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kashiup
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath.

Thanks for the reply. Great news it works now 😁 Followed the steps and hey presto! 😁
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi kashiup, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. Smiley Very Happy

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos