Menu
pirate1949
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Does windows 10 support sky sports app

I have upgraded my laptop to windows 10 and now the sky sports app no longer works.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does windows 10 support sky sports

pirate1949 wrote:

I have upgraded my laptop to windows 10 and now sky sports no longer works.

Change of operating normally leads to a device needing re-registered (after you remove the old registration first of course.) As for Windows 10, Firefox is the only officially recommended web browser to use with Windows 10. Edge is not supported. Some people have reported that IE11 works fine with Sky Sports etc on Windows 10.

Link to official spec. page (link < click it.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does windows 10 support sky sports app

Hi pirate1949,

Thanks for your post and apologies that you are having to re register your device for use with Sky Sports. 

Usually, as mentioned by Shelke, an update in the OS does mean you'll need to re register your device. 

If you log in to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports your registered devices will be listed here. Remove your current device and then attempt to re-stream one of the Sports channels. 

This will automatically re-register the device for use with the Sky channels. 

You'll also need to do this for TV Anywhere. Use the same steps as above but instead of selecting Sky Movies & Sky Sports, just select Device Settings. 

Let me know know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos