Menu
Gooner6767
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Does my hub need to be connected to my tivo box to access virgin tv anywhere?

Is having both tivo and hub conneted the only way I can access virgin tv anywhere?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does my hub need to be connected to my tivo box to access virgin tv anywhere?

You do not need your TiVo connected to your home network for the vast majority of TV Anywhere function.

You can stream channels without the connection.

You can manage TiVo's resources, series links, planned recordings,... without the connection.

If you want to use the TV Anywhere app as a replacement for your physical TiVo remote, you need the connection.

Gooner6767
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Does my hub need to be connected to my tivo box to access virgin tv anywhere?

Thanks for the reply. But can I watch tv on my ipad without the hub and tivo being connected?

0 Kudos
JAMCT
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I watch TV Anywhere on my WINDOWS 10 Linx 7 Tablet WITHOUT the Tivo & hub being connected.  The Tablet connects via Wifi having entered the VM Password code on the bottom label of the hub.

However not sure about the iOs operating system.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Gooner6767 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. But can I watch tv on my ipad without the hub and tivo being connected?

Yes, as stated in my previous response.

0 Kudos
Gooner6767
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks it was much easier with Sky but guess I will just have to accept it doesn't want to work
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gooner6767

Welcome to the community

In regards to accessing TV Anywhere you don't need to have the TiVo® and the router to be connected, only if you want to use the remote control function on the app as Ernie_C mentioned.

I can see that there is no device registered for TV Anywhere at the moment. Can you advise us on which device you want to use? Have you tried to download the app, sign in and stream a channel? As this will prompt to register the device.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gsteruk
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nonsense, you absolutely do need the TiVo to be connected to the internet to be able to stream. How do I know? Because if you try and you aren't,it tells you that you do
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry but what I have advised is certainly not nonsense.

When you get the message you are referring to, you are almost certainly attempting to stream a channel which cannot be streamed.

Not all channels can be streamed - just those with the little wifi symbol.

In your defence, the message which you receive in these circumstances is very poor.

It should advise you that the channel you are attempting to stream is unavailable and that you could initiate display of the  channel on the TV which is connected to your TiVo, if it was connected to your home network.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi gsteruk, 

Thanks for posting here. 

As mentioned by Ernie_C, it sounds as though you are trying to stream a channel that we've not yet got the rights to stream. 

Does the channel you're trying to stream have a little wifi symbol next to it? If so, which channel is it? 

You can view streamable channels here: http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/on-the-go/welcome.html#tvlistings-accordion

Just to clear up any confusion, the TiVo® only needs to have a connection going from your box to the Hub / router if you wish to use the Remote Control feature. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos