Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 12 (129 Views)

Device reset please

Hi,

I have not had TV Anywhere working for some time now but I thought I might give it another go. My, (previously working), registered devices are no longer detected. That means I can do nothing, I can't delete them and re-register as I have no access. can someone please delete my devices so that I can start again.

Regards,

Roger

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12 (112 Views)

Re: Device reset please

Hi Roger, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue updating your devices. 

We're not able to remove devices from here. You need to do this yourself by logging in to anywhere.virginmedia.com using a PC / Laptop. Once signed in, go to My Profile > Device Settings and then you may delete the devices here. 

Once you have removed your 2 devices, you can re-register them by logging in to the app on them and attempting to stream. You have 2 device changes to use so you should be able to add them both. 

Come back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 12 (105 Views)

Hello,

Here we go again, I can't delete my devices. The device detection times out. Therefore, there are no devices. No devices....... to see, to delete or wave a stick at. Once detection has finished, unsuccessfully, I have a blank area, I can do nothing. We have gone through this before.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 4 of 12 (100 Views)

What browser are you using? If you are using the app, you'll need to update it.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 12 (81 Views)

No app, just Windows 10 and Firefox. Thanks for the response.

0 Kudos
Well-informed
Message 6 of 12 (78 Views)

TV Anywhere (including device registration) relies on Adobe Flash being installed, allowed to run & up to date. Check your Flash status (and install/update if necessary) here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 12 (68 Views)

As far as I am aware all required software is in place and up to date.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12 (51 Views)

Thanks for getting back to us birdra,

I've located your account and I'm currently seeing two devices registered for this service at the moment.

I've re-synced your subscriptions and I can see that you have two remaining device changes available at the moment.

What's strange regarding the present registered devices, is that there is no information logged for when these were updated, etc.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat about this some more.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12 (40 Views)

Thanks for getting back to me,

I can completely appreciate your hesitance with supplying sensitive information relating to your account.

I'm unable to remove the listed registered devices from this end for our TV Anywhere service, as these can only be accessed via your My Virgin Media log in.

What device are you trying to use this service on? PC/laptop? It may be worth trying an alternative browser.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 12 (24 Views)

PC, Windows 10 and Firefox, Pale Moon, and Tor. I only expected Firefox to work. I have Tablets but they can't be 'named' and therefore are invisible to the network. Thanks for your efforts.

0 Kudos