Menu
Irhut
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Device registration

Hello 

Today I picked up my iPad to watch a recording only to get the message that my iPad was not a registered device - which it is. It sent me to device registration, but I only have one device change and I want to use this to connect my new phone when it arrives in a couple of days. 

Does anyone have any idea why my iPad would suddenly not be recognised as a registered device? The one device change a month is frustrating enough (Should be 2) without having devices suddenly not being recognised.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ian 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device registration

Hi Ian, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Apologies to hear you've been having an issue streaming TV Anywhere Smiley Sad 

If you updated the app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

If you use the device change you have and follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Once you've done this, let me know and I'll be able to add a device change for you to add your new phone then.

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Irhut
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I will do this and then let you know so that you can give me a device change.
0 Kudos
Irhut
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

iPad is now working. Please could you authorise another device change. Many thanks. 

Ian. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Irhut, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy 

I have added a device change for you today to use Smiley Happy 

Come back and let me know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos