Menu
Poss
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Device registration

I keep having problems with device registration for tv on the go for both my mac and my iPad. From time to time one or both of these are not recognised as my devices and to be frank I'm getting pretty sick of it. I re-registered my iPad again this afternoon and have no device changes left. Can somebody at Virgin please sort this out. Its bloody rubbish.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device registration

Hi Poss,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue streaming TV Anywhere Smiley Sad 

If you update the OS or the browser then you would need to re-register your device. As you have already found, it's easy to do though so don't worry. 

I have added a device change for you to use so you can re-register the second device following the same steps you have previously. 

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Poss
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath, I'll have a go shortly. It seems to work fine on sky sports even though thats through virgin. So every time I update the OS on either iPad or Mac I need to re-register? So 2 updates and only I device change? 

David.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Thank you for your post Smiley Happy

Whenever there is a change to your OS version on any device, this can sometimes trick the TV Anywhere into thinking it's a brand new device, when in all fact it isn't. Re-registering your device would resolve this and if you giev us a shout we can refresh your allowances for you Smiley Happy

Also, here are some troubleshooting tips for the future, hold on to them:-

• Sign out and sign back in, after clearing your cache/temp files. Make sure when signing in anywhere, that the caps lock is monitored and the username and password are typed correctly.
  • Reinstall the app itself, after clearing cache and cookies.
  • Try to log in online from a PC to see if it streams.
  • Check that your device OS hasn't been changed recently, for example, Android 6.0.1 is unsupported.

Please let me know if this helps and all the best.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos