Menu
irobster
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Device registration

According to VM I have 2 devices registered and 1 change available but Sky movies wont work . According to Sky my devices arent registered and I have reached my change limit ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device registration

Hi irobster, 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue adding your device for use with the Sky apps. 

The TV Anywhere and Sky platforms are separate and therefore not synced so any changes made to one, also need to be made to the other. 

You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

I have reset the Sky platform for you now so there are no devices and you have 1 change to use to add the new device. If you try streaming now, it should work. 

Keep me posted.
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

irobster
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Kath. I can now watch on my tablet:-) What I don't understand since I had used this tablet before and only ever used 2 devices how it became unregistered in the first place, or how I could have reached a device limit or used up my changes

I had tried after reading other posts to view "my profile" at virginmedia.com and I did indeed find the profile, but nowhere on the page did I see any reference to Sky Movies & Sky sports. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Once again many thanks Robert 😍

0 Kudos
irobster
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to be a pain Kath. Since my tablet browser is Chrome, does this mean that I can't manage my devices. I have tried the link and all I get when I try to look at my profile is an access denied message. I can look at my bills manage my account etc but not view my profile or manage my devices :-(

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi irobster, 

In order to manage your devices you will need to use either a PC or a laptop. 

Google Chrome is also an unsupported browser so I would stick with either Firefox or Internet Explorer.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Gordon100
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi - can u reset the Sky platform for me as it doesn't seem anything else can be wrong - I have read various answers on this - I am using my laptop, have only 2 devices registered yet Sky denies me access.  Gordon

0 Kudos
Gordon100
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi - sorry, now sorted - I deleted the device and retried.  Just wish I could also get tv anywhere on my Samsung Note 3!  Gordon

0 Kudos