Menu
ozsteve
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Device registration issues

Trying to use my PC to watch TV programmes as I have for months, all of a sudden it says device is not registered. Same issue on my tablet. Waited until end of the month to deregister both devices then re-register my PC (because you can only change 1 a month!!!!). Still won't recognise my PC as being registered and I can't change anything for a month!!! So now I can't use either device, which is a little frustrating.

Can someone help here? I am paying for a service I cannot use, well not for another month. Maybe

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device registration issues

Hi ozsteve, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue getting TV Anywhere to work via your PC and tablet. 

In order to help we'll need to do some more probing first of all Smiley Happy

If we concentrate on getting the PC working first, we can then move on to the tablet. 

Currently I can see the PC is registered. 

What browser are you using?

What OS is your PC running?

Are there any updates to run on the PC?

Make sure your browser and flash player are both fully up to date to. 

If you go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My profile > Device Settings delete your PC again and then delete the history, cache and cookies on the browser. Go back to the website and log in. Go to On Now and select Channel 4 > Watch Now. 

This will throw up an error asking you to re-register the device. Follow the prompts and streaming should start.

Let me know how you get on with this first. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ozsteve
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, I have done as you requested and it worked!!! Many thanks for your assistance. Do I now have to wait until 1st December until I can register another device?

Again thanks for the help.

Regards,

Steve

Kath_F wrote:

Hi ozsteve, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue getting TV Anywhere to work via your PC and tablet. 

If we concentrate on getting the PC working first, we can then move on to the tablet. 

If you go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My profile > Device Settings delete your PC again and then delete the history, cache and cookies on the browser. Go back to the website and log in. Go to On Now and select Channel 4 > Watch Now. 

This will throw up an error asking you to re-register the device. Follow the prompts and streaming should start.

Speak soon, 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ozsteve, 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ozsteve
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, I have done as you requested and it worked!!! Many thanks for your assistance. Do I now have to wait until 1st December until I can register another device?

Again thanks for the help.

Regards,

Steve

Kath_F wrote:

Hi ozsteve, 

Speak soon, 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know that things are working again for you. 

I've added a change to the account for you to now register the second device Smiley Happy 

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos