Menu
D-T
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Device registration for Sky Movies

Hi,

I recently registered a second device for watching on my laptop. However I now have two identical devices registered on the website but neither of my devices work!!!!!!

when I registered them I gave them names so I would now what I had registered. Unfortunately the names have been replaced with meaningless numbers. I tried deleting one & I now get the message that I cant change anything for another month!!

Some help would be appreciated before I start getting annoyed about a service I can no longer use.

Also why are the devices limited to only 2. I understand there has to be a limit but  its beginning to cause problems for a family of 4

0 Kudos
wizza1405
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device registration for Sky Movies

Yep, I've seen this exact same problem too - almost feels like someone has broken into your account and changed something!

Please sort this Virgin - I've also raised another topic about device limit reached today - all of which keep happening FAR too regularly....

0 Kudos
cantonbean
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm having same issue but with the Sky Sports app being fine but Sky Movies app saying max registered devices!

0 Kudos
D-T
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

weirdly it now has my two laptops correctly on the website!!

Interestingly Apple allow 5 devices on iTunes. Sky Go have 3 devices.

5 sounds a lot better than Virgins paltry 2

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi D-T, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having with getting Sky Movies to work. 

I've gone into the account and deleted the device that was registered in November so you have one free slot. I have also added a device change for you to re-register the second device. 

With the Sky Platform you are not able to name your devices. It automatically registers them based on the device's name. 

TV Anywhere is where you can name the devices. It's worth noting that TV Anywhere and Sky are not synced so any changes made to one platform, also need to be made to the other. 

If you try streaming from your second device that you want registered with Sky it should work. 

Let me know how it all goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos