Menu
thefifers
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Device registration and browser

Hi, Today I tried to watch Eurosport on TV Anywhere, I had to register my device in the 2nd spot - which I did whilst in Chrome. As suggested in the tech requirements Chrome did not play so I moved over to Firefox but it is now not recognised as a registered device - I am on the same device!

I thought that this may be a catch so tried to change registration of one of my device spots but I am now told I have used my change this month!

"Please note you can register up to 2 devices to watch TV, and then make 1 change per month."

Am I reading that statement wrong? I had registered the 2nd device and then wanted to make a change!!

TV Anywhere never works when you want it too!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Device registration and browser

TV Anywhere will see Chrome and Firefox as two different devices due to the way the device detection works as Chrome uses a different implimetation of Flash that Firefox does.

This is why there are these warnings when you go to the TV Anywhere website using Chrome:

Sorry, this service is not optimised for your browser, and you will be unable to watch video and have access to all the features available.
For more information about the minimum requirements & supported devices, please click here, or click 'Continue Anyway' below (not recommended).

and

This browser is not supported and may not work for streaming TV, and you may waste your one monthly device change if you register your device using this browser. For more information about the minimum requirements & supported devices, please click here or click ‘Continue Anyway’ below (not recommended).

When this gets picked up by the forum team, then they should be able to help you get the device registration sorted, or you should also be able to get this resolved if you call the faults team (150 from your Virgin Media home phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other line)

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi thefifers, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to have you involved in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to change your device. Adding a device would class as a change to this is why you've run out. 

I have gone into the account and added a device change for you to use. This will allow you to re-register your device. 

Let me know if you have any further issues after this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

TV Anywhere will see Chrome and Firefox as two different devices due to the way the device detection works as Chrome uses a different implimetation of Flash that Firefox does.

This is why there are these warnings when you go to the TV Anywhere website using Chrome:

Sorry, this service is not optimised for your browser, and you will be unable to watch video and have access to all the features available.
For more information about the minimum requirements & supported devices, please click here, or click 'Continue Anyway' below (not recommended).

and

This browser is not supported and may not work for streaming TV, and you may waste your one monthly device change if you register your device using this browser. For more information about the minimum requirements & supported devices, please click here or click ‘Continue Anyway’ below (not recommended).

When this gets picked up by the forum team, then they should be able to help you get the device registration sorted, or you should also be able to get this resolved if you call the faults team (150 from your Virgin Media home phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other line)

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi thefifers, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to have you involved in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to change your device. Adding a device would class as a change to this is why you've run out. 

I have gone into the account and added a device change for you to use. This will allow you to re-register your device. 

Let me know if you have any further issues after this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
thefifers
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I have been able to add my PC with Firefox now - still doesn't explain the weird contradictory wording though...!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi thefifers, 

The wording is correct. You are able to register a maximum of 2 devices. The very first time you use TV Anywhere you get 3 changes. 2 to add devices and 1 to change a device. Following on from there you then get 1 device change per month. 

Registering a device is classed as a change so this is why the error was then presented to you. 

I'm glad things are resolved for you now though. If you have any further issues, come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos