Menu
birdra
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Device registration again!

Can someone please reset my devices they have not worked for some time now. I get a device timeout if I attempt to use TV Anywhere and therefore cannot delete them myself. As far as I am aware nothing has changed this end, anti-virus turned off and everything up to date as far as I know. Using Windows 10 and Firefox.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device registration again!

Hi birdra, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your devices and TV Anywhere Smiley Sad 

If you updated the browser, app or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. It's easy to do though so don't worry. 

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
birdra
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Here we go again, I can't delete my devices. The device detection times out. Therefore, there are no devices. No devices....... to see, to delete or wave a stick at. Once detection has finished, unsuccessfully, I have a blank area, I can do nothing. We have gone through this before.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi birdra, 

Thanks for posting here and apologies this seems to be ongoing for you. 

Do you have any auto update or auto delete function activated for deleting the cookies / cache on your devices? This could be where the issue lays Smiley Sad 

Your device changes have re-set now being it being a new month so can you try again for me. 

Do you get the same issue?

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
birdra
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My cahe's are cleared every day, they are pristine! It does not matter what month, year or decade we are in. I f TV Anywhere can't detect a device and it times out, there is no device, period. I can do nothing with a blank screen or non existant devices.

Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos